Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:08 pm 

I was having a hard time with this one and decided that I would take the vision that I wrote when I first started the program 4 years ago, reflect on what I had written then, and, and then add to it. The new stuff is in blue. If anyone thinks I should erase the slate and start over, please let me know and I will do so.

My vision:

To complete my life with my loving wife. This still what I want although she is a bit less loving than she was when I wrote this at first,( completely understandable). Although I know it will be a long Road I want to regain her trust and respect

To give her the love, honesty, openness, and respect that she deserves.absolutely

To be a model for my children, particularly my son, that they they can be proud of. Be more engaged.
To give them the tools to avoid the traps that i have fallen into. Show by example
To open myself to new ideas and perspectives, and not be judgemental. Be a better listener
To continually treat others as I would like to be treated myself. This is something that I have told my children hundreds of times as they were growing up. And I adhere to this religiously and most areas of my life. I want to change that to all areas of my life.
To free myself from procrastination and avoidance in ALL
areas of my life. This is extremely important
To expand my realm of recreational activities, particularlarly outdoors.
To work on finding new activities that S and I can enjoy together.still holds true
to finish things that I start, (home projects, etc.), see procrastination above.
Be a woodworker again.:-)

Develop a financial plan for 15 years out.important
To eventually live near the water.still holds
To live near family.
To redevelop my relationships with my siblings, particularly Jane.I
To be proactive in initiating calls and visits. I have improved greatly and both these areas since I wrote this last but there is still room to do more

I

To reestablish communications with my brother, and also his chrildren. I have improved in this area
To maintain relationships with old friends, and actively seek to establish new friendships, perhaps through new activities. be proactive. I still have a long way to go
To wake each morning and remind myself how truly fortunate I am to have the love and devotion of my wife and family, and to remind myself that it is a two way street, and that I must live EVERY day in a manner that justifies, respects, and returns that love. When I wrote this before it was very important to me and I need to remind myself of this daily

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:15 pm 

I wanted to apologize for how this was formatted.I do not have a computer and purchased an Android tablet primarily for use here.When I had a computer I would write all my work in Google Docs and then copy and paste into the threads. this is proving to be incredibly difficult and frustrating using the touch screenand the Android apps.II am hoping I can work out the kinks soon so I can focus more on working rather than editing and the other stuff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:56 am 

:?