Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Tubbs's Recovery Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:14 pm 

Hi All, first time posting so be gentle with me :w:

Lesson 1

A1 Commitment
This is where I have always struggled, always have some kind of excuse not to commit to this, or anything really. "I'm too busy at work", "I'm too tired", when in reality I mean "I can't be bothered". I know this has to change, I need this to change, I want this to change.

A2 Guilt/Shame
This is another area of my life where I am really struggling. The guilt of what I have put my wife and kids through is sometimes overwhelming and I have, on more than one occasion, considered ending my life. I want to be able to put this all behind me, not to forget it, but to acknowledge my past behaviours and try to forgive myself.

A3 Time to Change
I think I've given myself enough time now, it's been nearly 4 years since I hit rock bottom, I have to pull myself up and sort myself out, no one else is going to do it for me.

B
I want to...
... like myself again.
... be honest with myself, my wife, and my family.
... improve my relationship with my wife.
... enjoy life. I seem to live to work, not the other way round.
... improve my health, I need to get off the couch and do some exercise.
... stop being scared of emotional vulnerability.
... be more in control of my life rather than letting outside sources control me.
... achieve a better work/life balance.
... RECOVER!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:10 pm 
Recovery Coach

Hello Tubbs
Quote:
first time posting so be gentle with me

you may well be criticised herein on hopefully your journey but nobody here will do this unless you need a prompt to move forwards

so welcome to a proven well trodden path for recovery
if you really do want to improve your life and remove those self inflicted shackles of addiction and to recover from your emotion driven compulsive behaviours then you are at a good place to make that a reality, RN can show you the way
To achieve recovery then commit , fully and completely
work through the lessons and understand them , if you miss something ask on the help forum , assistance is always on hand, this community is supportive to those who demonstrate sincerity in their journey
coaches and mentors are likely to drop by occasionally but if not, don't worry as this is generally a good indicator that you are on the right path, you have not been abandoned

the path is long and difficult but it is well proven and you are not alone, many have taken the path successfully, your actions are yours but you are not the first and unfortunately will not be the last
we usually suggest completing about 3 lessons a week but spending time every day posting , reading, evaluating and putting into practice what you have learned, be open be honest, nobody here will judge you
get to know your addiction and see yourself with honesty and openness

remember to work at your own pace and its not a race indeed some consider recovery to be a journey rather than a destination

IMO the reasons for wanting change are one of the cornerstones of recovery, so the more detail the better
Quote:
I know this has to change, I need this to change, I want this to change.

perhaps strive for and commit to
I will change

lets get committed totally committed and look forwards to being that better man
remember the only person that can make these changes is you, so the hard work needs to come from you
looking forwards to reading your regular committed posts and wishing you all the best

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:20 am 
Recovery Coach

Hello Tubbs
I wrote back in september
Quote:
you may well be criticised herein on hopefully your journey but nobody here will do this unless you need a prompt to move forwards

I now believe that prompt is both required and in your best interests

Quote:
I have always struggled, always have some kind of excuse not to commit

yet you hold on tightly to your addiction your compulsive behaviour and the reasons causing this WHY???????????????????

you DO have a CHOICE
what do you have to lose :pe:

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo