Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:49 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 31

"A. Make a list of all of identifiable stressors" should be "of all"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:01 am 

lesson 2 paragraph 2

at the begining :

"It is vital that you understand is this"

should read :

"It is vital that you understand this"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:19 am 
System Technician

Nice catch, Phoenix. I've actually finished the conversion process for all of Recovery, Healing and Couples workshops now, so I'm moving into a test/fix'n'polish phase and will be picking all of these ammendments up.

SysTech

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:42 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 32

"It is this last area that effects those with addictions the most." should be "affects"

"you are the only one who can know what persons, places, things, times, feelings, etc., that stimulate unhealthy sexual feelings." drop the "that"

"Making the decision to remove them-to cut off you supply" should be "your"

"any of the universal values that have been effected by your compulsive behavior" should be "affected"

"you have the makings of a depression The ruminations may interfere" should have a period.

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:28 am 
Recovery Mentor

Supplemenary lesson: Effectively Communicating with Others in Recovery

http://www.recoverynation.com/recovery/ ... cation.htm

"Push through the uncomfortableness and you will" should probably be "discomfort"

"how excruciatingly painful this infliction can be." should be "affliction"

"Like most skills, the earlier the earlier the onset," repeated words.

"a successful conversation is not when their has been an increase" should be "there"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:48 am 
System Technician

Alter Ego, can I just say...Wow. You have a real eye for detail. Is this something you do for a living?

Anyway, thank you. The workshop is going to be a much more professionally polished product once the re-vamp goes live.

I'm working through all your posts in this thread today and I have to say I think you've been right on every one.

There's just one I hit just now that I got stuck with:

Alter Ego wrote:
What to Expect in an Early Healthy Recovery Process

http://www.recoverynation.com/recovery/expectations.htm

I don't have a copy of this page on my local machine, so I guess it's something that's been added since I took a copy of the code to work on, many months ago.

Can you tell me how to navigate to that page? Where is it linked from?

Cheers,
SysTech

PS Are you available to help out with testing of the new version? 'Cos I don't think you miss much!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:42 am 
Recovery Mentor

Hi SysTech,

Thanks for the praise :s: I'm a budding writer, so yeah, editing is sort of a hobby. (Wow, I don't think I could have made myself sound like a bigger geek if I tried).

Unfortunately I'm only editing as I work through the lessons, so my progress is sort of limited in that sense.

As for the linked page, I'm under the impression that it's "lost". I got the link from my partner and she got it from a post Boundless made in the forum: http://www.recoverynation.com/bulletinb ... =2&t=20035
(I hope that link works)
I would guess that it would belong in the additional lessons section, but I can't really comment on that.

Though I have no idea what would be involved in testing the new version, I'd be happy to help if I can :)

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 33

"no matter how far away you may currently be to achieving emotional mastery" should be "from"

"does not process their emotions that differently than a person who has experienced" should probably be "to"

"note the ongoing pattern of circular digression that takes place to ones values" should be "one's"

"and knowing that your continuing to struggle in managing the more intense emotions" should be "you're"

"You want to make it a goal of your to turn what was once" should be "yours"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:37 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 34

I lost a bunch of my corrections on this one (twice), but this is a pretty good idea. Maybe someone else wants to go though this lesson?

"The answers of why does not matter." should be "The reasons why don't matter."

"Before she knows it, its been ten years" should be "it's"

"struggling with addiction and one that significantly effects the way that you perceive your life." should be "affects"

"You hurt me and it will effect the rest of my life" should be "affect"

"suffer for the rest of your life,too." needs a space.

"Just as controlling your behavior is not enough to insure a healthy recovery" should be "ensure"

The Way Out is Through.

Last edited by Alter Ego on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:24 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 49

"It is till a bit early to consider moving from weekly monitoring" should be "still"

"By mechanically monitoring objective criteria in your life, you can assure that you address" should be "ensure"

"so use your weekly monitoring to assure that this value continues" should be "ensure"

"Complete the Sexual Health Assessment you first completed" Link is broken.

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:29 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 37

"By now you know that healthy boundaries are the laws in which you live by." should be "laws by which you live."

"you must hold them in reverance." should be "reverence."

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 am 
System Technician

I've now completed revamping the website code and I'm looking for testers to check I've not messed anything up!

I've started a thread for testers to reply to in the Support Forum

SysTech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:39 am 
System Technician

Thanks again Alter Ego, I've now picked up and fixed all the issues you've spotted to date.

I hope we'll be seeing you sign up for testing duty? See previous post.

Regards,
SysTech

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:28 am 

Lesson 14

I noticed a couple of disparities between the audio and the text. They were a source of confusion for me.

1. The audio says you should try to avoid goals instead replacing them with opportunities for development.
    Quote:
    Did I set aside 30 minutes to practice my guitar today is a goal. It is something you are striving to accomplish and if you don't will feel a sense of failure. It is not what you want with daily monitoring. Instead try rephrasing it as: Did I derive any meaning from nurturing my creativity and/or music interests today?
    The text emphasizes it should be quantifiable:
    Quote:
    The difference between "I will deepen the role that spirituality plays in my life" is a world apart from "I will take five minutes each day to strengthen my spiritual connection." in terms of practical application. The latter is practical; the former is simply an ideal.
    I get that it shouldn't just be an ideal, but which one is it? An opportunity for development or a quantitative goal?

2. The audio says to use 10-12 areas and warns against any more or else you'll burn out in the second week, the text says 10-15.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:06 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Andy,
Good catch, you are paying attention:). Yes it has not been presented in a lesson yet, wouldn't hurt to start though. Coach Tim explained to me, when like you I was noticing and concerned about these discrepancies; that jon was a prolific thinker, lots and lots of ideas. The site is an evolving changing, organic system, and there are things that seem "out of place". I took this as an opportunity to start to accept change, imperfection, discrepancies. I wanted a perfectly solid situation, as many of us do:)

Thanks for asking, good luck on your journey

Theadog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next