Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am 

I have 10 years sobriety from drug addiction and 7 years sobriety as a sex and love addict and I have finally reached a point in my recovery where I would like to share my full story. It has been quite some time since I have been on RN and am not sure if this is acceptable within the forums. Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:29 pm 
Recovery Coach

Hello Moonshine
you said
Quote:
I have been in recovery for 10 years total (sober from drugs for 10 and from sex/love addiction for 7)

great news well done, but not if you simply abstaining, your wording could be read that way?

Quote:
I would like to be able to share my story tracing from the beginnings of my addiction through present as a source or personal healing but also in the hopes that someone may find something useful to assist in their own journey.

the community forum is for: and I quote from quote Cheryl

Quote:
This community strives to provide meaningful, useful feedback that can be used to effect change in a person's life. For such feedback to be ongoing, the posts themselves should be targeted towards specific issues in your life/recovery/understanding. Most general questions have already been answered elsewhere in the site (through workshops, archives, other pages) and so, ensure that you limit your questions to areas that you are truly interested in exploring. As opposed to mere curiosity-motivated posts.

These forums are to share and discuss all issues relevant to addictions, compulsions, obsessions, recovery, inspiration, etc. This includes all different perspectives, behaviors and is in almost all cases non-judgmental. Allow others to seek the answers that will work for their life; stay focused on seeking your own answers.

When you share, share openly, but with the understanding that you have no control over what people do with your thoughts/experiences/suggestions. Measure your success in the community by knowing that you shared openly and truthfully and with respect. Not by the responses you may or may not receive. Becasue, while your thoughts may not get through to that person, rest assured that they may very well get through to someone down the road.

I would suggest that you post your story in your personal thread and where there are inspirational sections that could help others then abridge these in the community forum
hope this helps

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo