Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:56 am 

During recovery i feel many highs and lows...at one time i feel extreme emotions(high sensitive) and other time feel null...moreover at the same time i am forgetting that i am in recovery phase..i think this extreme emotions and null makes me to act...how to overcome these feeling and continue my recovery

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:02 am 

Finally I found out how to overcome our extreme( or sensitive) feelings and void( emptiness) feeling.
I used to heard or learnt that to overcome our extreme emotions we have to concentrate on breathing or count number reversely from 100 to 1.
Still i have heard and learnt many technique.
After knowing the technique,next question is how to implement.
This is where RN stand for.
This is called recovery.

For me or it is my opinion
Quote:
To implement the technique to overcome our emotions is called the recovery.

To overcome these emotions first of all we must with mindfulness.
My technique is concentrate in breathing and then think of my vision

Quote:
What is yours?????

Just POST REPLY

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:17 am 
Recovery Mentor

Thanks for sharing.

An important point to grasp is that the workshop provides the tools to change how we react to given circumstances such as responses to emotional situations. In the early days of recovery and as we move through the lessons in order to gain that learning, the application of the tools is a somewhat conscious thing but as time goes on and with repetition it becomes more automatic. Each person will have their own techniques to help them initiate their action plans during this transitional period. So whilst we will all have our own strategies for this in the short term, the end game is that when the new way of thinking becomes engrained we will become less reliant on them as the emotional urges dissipate. I feel that this is an important point as otherwise there may be an impression created that willpower is needed to ultimately succeed which is not the case.

All of that said, for me the most important thing is to have an awareness that an emotional response to something is happening and to find a way of quickly connecting that to a filtering through your values. That will be different for each person but for me it is immediately remembering that the cycle of acting out always ends in guilt and shame and this will quickly take the energy out of any perceived excitement. My sign-off includes reference to this so that I have it in my face at all times.

"Should you fail to permanently recover from your addiction, it will be due to your inability to fully commit to recovery"