Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:44 am 

To everyone who has worked the program, who is working the program, who is a partner of someone working the program, to the coaches and to everyone who manages the website.

In my opinion, this is the definitive resource on addiction. And I am so grateful for the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who invest their time/effort/energy into this website.

Heal well brothers/sisters,

P.S. I am not leaving. Just taking the time to express gratitude. A key aspect in my recovery.

Post subject: Re: Thank You
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:26 am 
Recovery Coach

:g:

"Be a lamp unto yourself." - Buddha

"The obstacle is the path."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:03 pm 
Recovery Coach

These are not my words, but a paraphrase from Coach Jon to someone who had completed the workshop:

Did you thank yourself? It's not the workshop, or the others, or the coaches, or Coach Jon who deserve the thanks. It's literally you who deserves to be thanked. Thank yourself for showing up. You showed up, you signed up, and you committed to doing the free lessons with no promise of help from the outside. You're the one who spent time after dinner, working the lessons when you could have been doing other things. You probably didn't believe in yourself when you showed up here. But you trusted. You hoped and you trusted and you started in. With no guarantees of success. So, the thanks doesn't belong outward. It belongs to you. Thank you!

Keep moving forward,
Tim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:25 pm 

I am in the very early stages of this program, but have already often thought how thankful I am that I stumbled across your website. It is difficult to find such caring, unselfish people to help others through the most difficult of times. Like Dan, I am not leaving or giving up, but your resolve has fueled my determination to stay and rebuild my life based on values I can be proud of. I am sure I will say it again, but thank you all very much!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:57 pm 

I too am in the early stages of recovery, but I was completely and utterly lost before I found this site. I was a part of a different forum before, but I left after reading too many topics about board members relapsing. The panic spread to me as I went through my own difficulties until I realized that the site was counterproductive to my recovery efforts. I found this site, which addresses the root of the addiction, which I believe is what everyone should be focusing on and not abstinence. As of now, my future is murky, but I truly have faith in what this website has to offer.