Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bliss1791 Healing Thread
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:51 pm 

I'm a recovering drug addict/Alcoholic and have been clean for almost 4 years now. My fiancee and i met right after, she was also in recovery, we have been together since then. We just recently opened a business together. I found out that something was going on with her about 6 wks ago. She was in the backroom, watching netflix on the computer, when i came back to talk to her she quickly clicked out of something. I started to wonder what she was doing. The next day i checked the history and found that she had been in chat rooms. I couldn't believe that she would cheat on me like that. If she was that miserable in our relationship than why hadn't she left. Sex has always been our biggest problem. She wanted to have sex all the time and i was good with a couple times a month. She is the first relationship I ever had and the first person I had sex with. So i thought that i was the one with the problem. I thought that there was something wrong with me. I've spend the past fews years trying to grow sexually, not knowing that i was already were i needed to be. That there isn't anything wrong with me has been hard to wrap me head around. After about a week of her giving me the run around and all the unmeaningful answers, like i get lonely or whatever else, she finally came clean and told me that she had a sex addiction. Her father is struggling with the same addiction, he tried to get help a few years ago, but it was to much for him. He is still living in his addiction. I trusted her for the past for years, i knew in the my heart that i was going to spend the rest of my life with her and all of a sudden i knew nothing. My world was over. I couldn't think about the future when i couldn't even look her in the face. I'm trying and i still love her. I just dont know how to work through this, I've never been on the other side of addiction.