Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:45 am 
Partner's Mentor

‎"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.
He who looks outside dreams, he who looks inside, awakens." - Carl Jung

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:47 pm 

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all."

"Live your life each day as you would climb a mountain. An occasional glance towards the summit keeps the goal in mind, but many beautiful scenes are to be observed from each new vantage point."

(unattributed)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:07 pm 
Partner's Coach

When sleeping women wake, mountains move. ~ Chinese Proverb

"What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:52 pm 
Partner's Mentor

:g: One of my favorites -"the one one you feed." We all need this on our refrigerator door.
Nellie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:55 am 
Partner's Mentor

Thought I'd share -

THE RULES FOR BEING HUMAN

When you were born, you didn't come with an owner's manual; these guidelines make life work better.

1. You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's the only thing you are sure to keep for the rest of your life.

2. You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "Life on Planet Earth". Every person or incident is the Universal Teacher.

3. There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of experimentation. "Failures" are as much a part of the process as "success."

4. A lesson is repeated until learned. It is presented to you in various forms until you learn it -- then you can go on to the next lesson.

5. If you don't learn easy lessons, they get harder. External problems are a precise reflection of your internal state. When you clear inner obstructions your outside world changes. Pain is how the universe gets your attention.

6. You will know you've learned a lesson when your actions change. Wisdom is practice. A little of something is better than a lot of nothing.

7. "There" is no better than "here". When your "there" becomes a "here" you will simply obtain another "there" that again looks better than "here."

8. Others are only mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another unless it reflects something you love or hate in yourself.

9. Your life is up to you. Life provides the canvas; you do the painting. Take charge of your life -- or someone else will. :g: my personal favorite!

10. You always get what you want. Your subconscious rightfully determines what energies, experiences, and people you attract -- therefore, the only foolproof way to know what you want is to see what you have. There are no victims, only students.

11. There is no right or wrong, but there are consequences. Moralizing doesn't help. Judgments only hold the patterns in place. Just do your best.

12. Your answers lie inside you. Children need guidance from others; as we mature, we trust our hearts, where the Laws of Spirit are written. You know more than you have heard or read or been told. All you need to do is to look, listen, and trust. :g:

(From the book "If Life is a Game, These are the Rules" by Cherie Carter-Scott)

"The past has no power to stop you from being present now. Only your grievance about the past can do that. And what is a grievance? The baggage of old thought and emotion." - Eckhart Tolle A New Earth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:30 am 
Partner's Coach

Itstimeforme - I've loved 'the rules' since I first saw them. :g: Here's the rules in a nice little video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2wopO178LQ Thanks for sharing. They are such a good reminder!

"What day is it,?" asked Pooh.
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:41 pm 

Something a university counselor said to me when I complained, "I'm bad at taking charge of my own life."

She told me I not bad at it. I'm new at it.

Big difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 am 
Partner's Mentor

"If you do not allow yourself to blossom, to reinvent, to evolve... you will remain a bud."

Just ran across this and since it's spring I think it's quite appropriate. We need to think of ourselves as buds that are unfolding to reveal a new flower, a new me, a new you.

Nellie James :w:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:11 pm 

You cannot dream yourself into a character : you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

Henry David Thoreau

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:14 am 

Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:09 am 
Partner's Mentor

Heard this last night on Charlie Rose - two authors who have written a book about "tools" to use to figure out our problems. Wish I had written down the title. Anyway, here's what one of them said (or it's close):
"You're stupid when you're stuck. There's intelligence in motion."

I'll try to find the book title -
Nellie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 am 
Partner's Mentor

Wow - that sounded harsh. What the authors were talking about is taking action to address problems once you identify or become aware of the behavior pattern. We stay stuck unless we take action - and repeat that action over and over. :w:

Nellie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am 
Partner's Mentor

Quote:
The Tools: Transform Your Problems into Courage, Confidence, and Creativity
with Barry Michels and Phil Stutz
This is book and the authors. Watched them on Charlie Rose last night. You can Google the program and watch the video.

Nellie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:07 am 

Thank you for the tip Nellie, it was quite interesting ! I agree with the idea that there is intelligence in motion.

I post the link for the podcast here but I'm not sure if it will remain active for long.
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12406

I myself could very much relate to the maze (the mental state in which you remain if you're stuck in resentment)...
I have to keep working on that...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:08 am 

If you are aware of your weaknesses and are constantly learning, your potential is virtually limitless.

Jay SIDHU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 21  Next