Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exercise 1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:44 pm 

Although not much of exercise 1 was a surprise from either of us, it was a good sharing experience. I was grateful to share about me, not just what I wanted out of our relationship, but what I want out of life. The exercise was good in the way that we were not just talking about recovery but about life.

Post subject: Exercise 2
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:50 pm 

Caring for my wife in a non-sexual way was a little awkward in the way that the bathing didn't lead to sex. I am gladglad that we did the exercise. When we first read it we both though - really? So I brushed her teeth, gave her a bath, painted her nails, watched a show that she loved. It did bring us closer together and I see that she didn't feel pressured to have sex. I've maintained a good amount of sobriety and believe my sexual attraction to her during this exercise was not due to my addiction, but rather that I love my wife and am sexually attracted to her. It was an intimate moment and although time, life, and work get in the way, we need to find time for more of them. I noticed that she slept well and seemed a little more at peace.