Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:03 am 

During this exercise my husband tried his best with having 3 kids at home. However, he did bath me and feed me but I had to ask for him to even do that. He keep saying well that is what the guy did to his wife ..We don't need to do this.. I think he puts himself in front of me more often than anything... This exercise was not helpful and did not make me feel any better toward him or the situation. I kept an open mind and really hoped he would come around but I always hope that and end up disappointed.. He has had an affair twice in the 13 years, we have been together and expects me to get over the most recent one ASAP. I look forward to see what happens in the next exercise ..Maybe a break through will happen!!! Also, he did say at the end of the day that he enjoyed bathing me..I really do love him and I was hoping with every bone in body that he would have worked harder at the exercise... I could have seen him in a different light than what I see him in now. I told him this exercise could have helped gain back the trust I no longer have for him.. :e: http://recoverynation.com/bulletinboard ... post&f=32#

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:04 am 

This excercise was interesting to me because ive never tried it before but it actually didnt bother me. Me and my wife ate dinner at the table and i fed her dinner and then later on that night i made a bubble bath for her and gave her a non sexual bath i have to admit this was pretty cool to me i never thought i could do something like that without having any sexual tendencies. My wife enjoyed it but at first she thought it was akward but after a few minutes she enjoyed it and so did I. This is a new thing for us so we are taking it one day at a time but i can see how this excercise would create a unique bond between husband and wife so i will continue doing this hopefully once every 2 weeks or so because i dont wanna burn my wife out with it i wanna keep it as a fresh experience but i really love my wife and if she wants to do it once a week or more i would do that for her i just dont want her to feel like she has to ask me to do it i want it to come natural cause we are new to all of this recovery stuff.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 am 

Hun, I know its all new to us and I hope you can become the man I once knew and cared for so deeply... I do love you and wish you the best!!!! :g:

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:11 am 

1. Accountability
2. Acknowledgement
3. Commitment
4. Wiliness
5. Acceptance
6. Accessibility
7. Accomplishment
8. Activeness
9. Affection
10. Aggressiveness
11. Ambition
12. Appreciation
13. Approachability
14. Approval
15. Assertiveness
16. Trust
17. Assurance
18. Attentiveness
19. Availability
20. Awareness
21. Balance
22. Belonging
23. Calmness
24. Care
25. Carefulness
26. Change
27. Clear-mindedness
28. Closeness
29. Comfort
30. Commitment
31. Compassion
32. Control
33. Credibility
34. Decisiveness
35. Desire
36. Determination
37. Devotion
38. Dignity
39. Discipline
40. Discovery
41. Discretion
42. Dominance
43. Drive
44. Eagerness
45. Effectiveness
46. Empathy
47. Encouragement
48. Enjoyment
49. Fairness
50. Family
51. Fidelity
52. Firmness
53. Focus
54. Friendship
55. Happiness
56. Helpfulness
57. Honesty
58. Hopefulness
59. Intimacy
60. Love
61. Loyalty
62. Marriage
63. Maturity
64. Meaning
65. Mindfulness
66. Motivation
67. Open-mindedness
68. Openness
69. Organization
70. Partnership
71. Patience
72. Passion
73. Playfulness
74. Pleasure
75. Presence
76. Reliability
77. Relief
78. Respect
79. Responsibility
80. Sacredness
81. Sacrifice
82. Self-control
83. Self-reliance
84. Self-respect
85. Sharing
86. Support
87. Thankfulness
88. Thoroughness
89. Thoughtfulness
90. Trustworthiness
91. Understanding
92. Warmheartedness
93. Willfulness
94. Willingness
95. Worthiness

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 am 

Hi,

My apologies for barging in to your thread but I just noticed that you are posting your exercise results as new topics in the forum. I hope you don't find me intruding here but I would recommend that you create one new topic called "Student30 and EaglesFan77 - Couple's thread" and then post reply for each exercise that you are completing.

Then your will have one topic covering all your progress, as well as any reflections coming from the coaches. The forum will aslo be less "chatty".

Good luck with your couples work shop. I'm also doing it right now and I find it very helpful.