Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 6:44 pm 

My vision for my life is to become more comfortable with myself. I want to weigh a healthy weight, be physically active and eat well. I want to be a great teacher and believe in my teaching abilities more positively. I want to be out of debt. I want to have a better relationship with my sister and brothers. I want to be a great mother, instilling strong values and beliefs in my children that will help them as they grow into adulthood and beyond. I want to set a good example for my children by being loving, excepting of others, truthful, helpful and happy. I want to be able to travel with my family and see the world together. I want to become more fulfilled spiritually and give unto others.
Included in my vision is decades of friendship, intimacy, respect and happiness with my husband. Over the next year I know there will be challenges for us but I am dedicated to helping both r_j and myself to feel more fulfilled, understood and accepted in our relationship. I hope to experience wonderful times with us and with our children.
A list of likely obstacles may include, the obvious one which is r_j contacting other women through internet or other means or them contacting him. Looking up “sexual” type stuff online or saved files. Alcohol, financial stress, job stress, being off work stress, parenting our challenging daughter, expecting too much too fast, depression and anxiety.
My goals for the remainder of my life are; reach and maintain a healthy weight, get physically active, be healthy, happy in my job, be debt free, have less stuff in my house, have more energy, travel, provide for my family and parents when needed. Feel closer to God. Have a loving intimate healthy relationship with r_j. Be the best mother, daughter and sister that I can be.
These are some of the goals that I feel r_j needs to accomplish to be fulfilled for the remainder of his life. End and understand his sexual addiction. Get on the right path to conquer his ADHD. Provide for his family. Fix up/maintain his vehicles. Eat healthier. See his children and their children grow up and stay close to them. Have a shop that is fully fixed up and organized for himself to work in. Find a job that is fulfilling. Be debt free. Be healthy. Have an intimate relationship with me where all his needs are met.
My top ten practical values that I derive the most meaning from are (in no particular order); 1. Love. 2. Compassion/Empathy 3. Spirituality. 4. Truth 5. Family. 6. Friendships. 7.Nature. 8. Children 9. Harmony. 10. Realism

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:42 am 

a. My vision for the life I'm leading is one with peace, understanding and acceptance. I want to spend more time with the

kids, planning activities, and making great memories. I want to spend more quality time with my wife, maybe find a hobby or

interest we can do together.

b. In the next year I hope to experience more closeness with my partner, being able to relax more when we're together, and

seeing her find her own sense of peace and personal satisfaction. Looking back I would love to see us watching our children

grow into adults, supporting them on their own journey through life, grand kids, travels, education, and having a strong and

purposeful respect for each other.

c. Possible obstacles, loss of interest in this program, challenges in other parts of my life, poor communication, lack of

honesty, financial concerns, interference from family and friends (other than my partner).

d. My goals are to finish my projects, either by completing them or ridding myself of them, organizing my life, working

outside on my land, helping support my family, making our house feel more like a home, finding an occupation that fulfills

me, back to Paris at least once, traveling, growing old and holding hands with my wife :)

e. I believe my partner feels the goals she wants to accomplish are organizing our home and life, financial stability,

peace within herself, some traveling, being healthy to support our children as they grow into adults.

f. My top ten practical values: family, laughter, watching my kids grow and change, completing tasks at home, progressing

my journey towards wellness, being close with my partner, satisfying work, problem solving with my family, accomplishing

goals, and loving life.