Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Perhaps, this could be in the newsletter - writer needed to help with Couples lessons based on Jon's notes and files. Please Contact Coach Cheryl. Let me know.

Nellie James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm 

To Coach Cheryl,
You stated
Quote:
Maybe one lesson at a time is better than nothing?

My husband and I would love to get one lesson at a time to work on in the couples stage 3. I am also willing to help with the writing. I'm not necessarily experienced at writing, but I consider it a strength. Let me know if I can be of help in any way with the rebuilding of the couples' stage 3 lessons.

Thanks for all you do,
lmartin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:12 pm 

Couples Forum Coaches,

I know this might be a long shot; however, as I've done my RN Recovery Lessons I kept a copy of all of Jon's material as well as my own responses to each in a local file on my computer just in case of a server crash which actually did occur. I'm thinking that among the many couples who have been on RN for some time, there might be one or more who did the same thing as they worked through the Couples' Stages 3 - 7. If that's the case, a serendipitous copy of Jon's material may already exist among the personal notes of those who have completed these stages before us. If it is possible, an e-mail broadcast to couples who have been on the forum since Jon first began the Couples Workshop might result in material that could potentially save a considerable number of staff hours trying to otherwise reconstitute it from Jon's cryptic notes.

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 am 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Hi BOIAB

This is a good idea. I don't think there are any couple's who had a chance to complete the work, as if my memory is correct, Jon passed away before the workshop was complete. I will bring your question to Coach Cheryl's attention, as she will be better able to respond with accurate information.

Be well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:55 pm 

9/2/2012

Coaches Mel and Cheryl,

Has there been any significant progress reconstituting the Couples Workshop Stage 3 lessons? My wife and I completed all of the Support and Recovery lessons and all of the lessons that constitute the Couples Workshop Stages 1 and 2, except the Stage 2 "Ceremony."

I haven't heard anything from Coach Cheryl since July 18, 2012 when Coach Mel indicated that he would bring my "question to Coach Cheryl's attention, as she will be better able to respond with accurate information." As you may recall, at that time I questioned whether there might be some couples who completed Couples Workshop lessons in Stages 3 and beyond, suggesting that perhaps one or more of them kept copies of Jon's original material, on their own computers as part of a log of the work they had done...which has been my practice in the Recovery Forum and in the Couples Forum through Stage 2. Eliminating personal responses might provide a 90+% solution to the needed reconstitution, if we could find a source log file among those who have gone before us...

It's frustrating to hit a wall when my wife and I were making so much progress separately and then together.

If all else fails and there is a way that I can assist with reconstructing Jon's original Couples Lessons in Stage 3 and later, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm not a professional writer by trade; however, I've been successful at writing many competitive proposals throughout my 30+ year professional career. Perhaps I could leverage that experience to assist RN and many other Couples who also appear to have reached the same Couples Workshop Stage 3 logjam where my wife and I find ourselves stuck for the past few months.

Thanks!

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:38 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Hi Bill,
I suggest that you send a PM to Coach Cheryl and/or Coach Mel about whether or not there are on-going lessons or a source. My H and I wanted to continue as well. As I recall, there were notes about Stage three but that was all. Since the site crash, much of that has had to take a back burner.

Do send a PM - do you know how that works?

Nellie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:20 pm 

Nellie,

I've tried sending an e-mail directly in the past, but received no response. If there is another way to do so, we would appreciate any help you can offer regarding sending a PM.

Thanks.

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:56 pm 

Nellie,

I haven't been able to send a PM to Coach Cheryl as you directed becuase I get an error message indicating that I'm not authorized to access the site users address book. The colored Coaches names do not provide me links at all. I posted my previous e-mail to Coaches Mel and Cheryl on the Site Problem pages on the main Forum and Workshops menu where there has been previous discussion about others not being able to get into the Couples Stage 3 and later exercises. I hope Coach Cheryl sees that and responds soon.

Thanks again for your assistance.

BillOIAmBack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:11 am 
Partner's Mentor

Sorry my directions didn't work. We, too, have been waiting for the State Three Couples Workshop for about a year now, but understand that they are so busy on RN. I'll see if can discover any more.
Nellie