|Partners Focus Group Forum Rules - Please read
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||CoachCheryl [ Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 am ]|
|Post subject:||Partners Focus Group Forum Rules - Please read|
Dr. Barbara Steffens is here as a guest of Recovery Nation for the purpose of gaining insights through this Focus Group, to aid in the writing of a workbook to accompany the book that she co-authored. The following rules are intended to provide a safe, pleasant and valuable experience for all those participating in this focus group:
1) All participants agree to refrain from providing any identifying and/or personal information that can lead to contact outside the scope of Recovery Nation. For the safety of the community, no outside communication--including attempts to communicate with guests that are given access to Recovery Nation--with members outside of this community will be tolerated.
2) This workshop is intended to be anonymous. Do not provide anyone associated with Recovery Nation, including guests that are given access to it, your full name, phone number, address, e-mail address, place of employment, social security number, credit card information or other such identifying information. The sole exception to this would be your coaches' need for your first name and e-mail address. There is NEVER a time when anyone associated with RecoveryNation.com or any guest will need anything more from you.
3) If you give permission for your stories to be used in any way by Dr. Steffens, rest assured it will be done using your user id with reference to Recovery Nation. It is understood that the rules of anonyminity will be followed as it is in every other area of Recovery Nation.
4) Although we may have guests from time to time that are Health Care Professionals that can contribute to our mission or vice versa, they are to be used as a tool in an individual's healing process. They are not here to provide individual professional advice or diagnoses and we encourage every participant to be evaluated by a licensed healthcare professional of their own to diagnose any significant mental health issues (e.g. depression, obsessive/compulsive disorder, anxiety disorder, etc.)
5) All advice, insights and suggestions made by RecoveryNation.com and their representatives or guests (including Workshop Coaches) are done so in an effort to educate the individual, not as an attempt to provide clinical treatment. This holds true even when such individuals are certified mental health professionals.
6) RecoveryNation.com, itÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s representatives or guests, do not provide treatment of any kind while on this site. It offers educational services and coordinates a voluntary personal and community support platform.
7) This Focus Group Forum is in place to provide meaningful, useful feedback to Dr. Barbara Steffens that can be used to help with furthering the tools available to partners of those with Sexual Addiction. For such feedback to be effective, the posts themselves should be targeted towards the specific issues being sought by the Focus Group. These most likely will include all different perspectives, behaviors and in almost all cases should be non-judgmental.
8) When you post or read, remember that these are real people with real issues. They are not 'addicts, perverts, codependents, co addicts, etc.' each person is or has experienced very real trauma in their life. And this fact alone is enough to demand respect in their efforts to seek out help in dealing with it.
9) Although this is an online, anonymous site, any statements of suicide, homicide or other threatening behavior will be reported to the proper authorities and we will use any means necessary to protect those in danger. That includes the use of any information gained on this site for the purposes of stalking and/or harassing participants.
10) If you are observed posting something that is inappropriate by a moderator it will be deleted and put to the team and/or the administrator for a decision on whether it will be reposted or left deleted. This is rare and should not be seen as a personal affront but rather a way to keep the forums on track and a positive experience for all. Unless you get a specific message from admin or another board moderator, you can assume that your post was appropriate.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group