Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:18 pm 

I am getting a lot of value out of the Recovery Workshop and am working the lessons diligently, if slowly. Today I began Lesson #10, "Absolute Honesty in Recovery." First of all, let me say that I am single and not in a committed relationship of any kind. I feel that Lesson #10 is oriented heavily towards couples, although honesty with self is critical for all of us, whether we are in relationships or not. The problem for me with this lesson is that quite frankly, it made me, as a single person, feel lonely. I know this was not the intent of the lesson, but I was painfully reminded that as far as my addictions are concerned, no special partner cares. With the exception of my accountability partner, no one cares whether I have an addiction or not. This made me isolated.

Any chance this lesson should be moved to the Couples section?

As I said, honesty is important for everyone, but I think there could be a lesson about honesty that is more oriented towards single folks. I have done some writing myself and with proper guidance, I would volunteer to write such a lesson.

Thanks for reading.