Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:00 pm 

In the beginning phase of this journey, unsure if I'm doing this correctly...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:23 pm 

Primary motivation to recovery is I no longer want to live a lifestyle of relying on other men or romantic (unreal) notions that yield a false sense of self value/happiness. What temporary disguises itself as a high in reality is a major depressant, worse than alcohol. I’m committed to being my real self and having a full understanding, acceptance, forgiveness and living a real life. I’m committed to succeed. My past behavior was NOT normal!! I am actively pursuing my recovery. I am eliminating my addictive patterns and taking responsibility for where my life is headed. I hate the past behavior, the real me is applauded,
1. I have actively committed myself to change. I’m working with several therapists, doing the workshops in Recovery Nation, and attending an intense therapy program. Journaling, committed to daily work and doing things to reenergize and stay positive. I’m reaching out to people I know can help and showing and practicing loving behavior
2. Constantly reminding myself not to allow guilt and shame to impede my commitment. Remind myself I have the tools and awareness now that I never did before.
3. Asking for patience and grace daily

B.
1. to allow my real self to live a purpose driven life
2. to see my true value and embrace the positive contribution to make other’s lives better including my own
3. live with integrity
4. Knowing I am honest will not only free me of negative thoughts about myself it will allow me to have positive behaviors towards others
5. I want people to see and feel good and feel safe in my presence
6. to be honest and open with my husband
7. to be able to inspire hope in myself and others
8. to increase self esteem
9. to increase self confidence
10. to reduce anxiety to think clearly and have a better memory
11. to feel and see strength of my spirit
12. to be healthier both mind and body
13. authenticity and integrity have no secrets

I have cried for the child and know I am the only one that can help her, I know she deserves true love, unconditional love

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:38 pm 

#2 Establishing a Healthy Vision

My vision is based on the REAL me.
The REAL me loves and adores my husband, family, friends and neighbors
The REAL me is faithful and loyal
The REAL appreciates and expresses gratitude for all my blessings
The REAL me knows I am a child of God and feels his presence and unwavering love
The REAL me values the kind and compassionate person that I am
The REAL me has the ability to work tirelessly to achieve a healthy way of life
The REAL me is accepting, forgiving, loving and affectionate
The REAL me is full of appreciation and grace
The REAL me wants the deepest connection with my husband, one that is bonded by a secure attachment, real love and healthy intimacy

My vision is to have a healthy, committed marriage, a strong bonded relationship with my children, family and friends and to serve God by serving others. (continue my teaching career and serving as a volunteer at least once a week if not more)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:29 am 
Recovery Mentor

Hi Faith,

Welcome to Recovery Nation!
This is a proven path to aid in your recovery.
We recommend that you complete about 3 lessons a week, although some take longer.
If you have any questions post them in the community Support Forum.
There are coaches and mentors here to guide you if required, it is also of benefit to reads other threads, you will find that you are not alone!

One point is that you have started your thread in the wrong section.
http://www.recoverynation.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=13
For your thread just start a "New Topic" here
I would suggest, since you have not written too much yet, to delete the thread you started and begin from the start in the Self-Help Recovery Thread.
You could ask Admin to move it but that might take some time.

Good luck with your recovery :g:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:36 pm 

Thank you, I placed the threads in the correct place but do not know how to delete out of the Welcome?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:22 am 
Recovery Mentor

Quote:
» How do I edit or delete a post?
Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own discretion. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

Hi Faith, it seems that because I replied to you, an Admin will have to delete it!
I would send a request to admin and just leave it at that, as you are now ready and using your new thread. :g:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:48 pm 

Thank you!