Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:12 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Urges

While thinking about my current state and doing an health check I have found that there have been a couple urges that went by and were not fully dealt with. They were quick, fleeting urges that went as quickly as they came. I stopped at the time I had them and followed my re-active action plan. Almost. While I followed my action plan including doing an evaluation of my current state of balance and I did not act on the urges, I did not do the most important part. Tell my wife about them. They were opportunities to be more intimate with her which I missed completely. They were also missed opportunities to work on my honesty. They were omissions which are just another form of lie.

At the time of the urges, I did a mental review of my balance and found nothing out of balance. I had been living according to my values.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:56 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Hi Jond

I hope it is ok to post on your thread. I am just towards the end of the workshop and wondering how to proceed. I think one of the ways is to revise my older lessons - my thread got lost in the handover, and I think it would be good to have some thoughts in black and white.

Another is read over other people's threads - to learn some new points of view. Yours is excellent - so clear, and honest. I just wanted you to know that I have found it a big help reading over your battles and successes. This is what I aspire to:

Quote:
While I followed my action plan including doing an evaluation of my current state of balance and I did not act on the urges, I did not do the most important part. Tell my wife about them. They were opportunities to be more intimate with her which I missed completely. They were also missed opportunities to work on my honesty. They were omissions which are just another form of lie.

Take care and I hope all is well with you.

S72

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9