Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 am 

Life is not as good as it could be. Not as good as it should be.
Things are not good with the wife. It seems we're in a cycle and at the moment we're at the bottom again.
Complacency.
Not with the sexual addiction side of things but more with the personal growth.
With the SA side I have been fortunate. I've managed from the start to separate the addiction from my core identify. Rare but it happens. Downside of this is, whilst I worked through RN, part of me felt some of the exercises did not really apply to me. The lack of urges, slips etc meant there was no real fight for recovery and I had to use memories of past events.
I've not had to focus hard on change .
I have at times had good drive and focus on but it is this that slips and I revert to "normal".
I think that I need to work on my emotional maturity. Anyone else done this specifically? And good on-line resources or books to recommend?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 am 
Recovery Mentor

Spanner,

Glad you've returned to reflect on your complacency.

As you're aware, many SAs struggle with emotional immaturity which often leads to making emotion based decisions vs. values based ones. Your questions regarding resources would be a great prompt in the Community Support Forum.

Quote:
Complacency.
Not with the sexual addiction side of things but more with the personal growth.

In my personal experience, happiness is achieved when we are striving towards our highest potential. Values are often a good place to explore when searching for what that potential may be for you.

Take a look again at your vision, values, and action plans from lessons 2-7. Is this still an accurate picture of your goals? What has changed? What still speaks to you? What might you evolve to gain more meaning from your life?

After you review, take a look at your weekly/daily monitoring. How might you evolve them to ingrain this meaning into your practice as you work towards the personal growth you desire?

Be Well,

Anon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 am 

Thanks anon that's sound advice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6