Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:44 am 

After my long search of how to get out of compulsive behavior I landed here.I am excited when I found this website. I am proud that i can now remove this compulsive behavior from my life with commitment , God's grace and the couch help.
I Thank the couches in advance
Please not only help me and Bless me.

A. Three keys to establishing a successful foundation for permanent change in early recovery are:
1) actively committing my to change:
Yes i understood that i am responsibility for my life.I am responsible for my compulsive behavior.I am responsible where a I am now. I am ready to spend my whole energy on fighting against compulsive behavior. i am ready to rebuild my perception of my compulsive behavior.From now onwards i will give my first priority for recovery.I am ready to manage my compulsive thoughts and behaviors

2)not allowing guilt/shame to sabotage my commitment to change:
Yes,But how, I know there is nothing wrong in compulsive action (Since I heard from a Doctor that) so there is nothing to feel shame and guilt of compulsive behavior. The only thing is I did it many times.Since i did it many time now I am decided not to do it even once in my life time. Enough I want a change now onwards.

3)allowing myself time to change:
the compulsive behavior is living long in my life since my college Days i.e seven years so it will take to time heel .It became a part of my identity so it will take time to recover.The lucky think is I have time to wait for my change.I utilize this time efficiently and effectively to lay foundation for my life.

B. List reasons why I seek to permanently change my life.
1.I want to bring back what i lost in my life.
2.I want my stamina.
3.I want to be good family man.
4.I want to respect from others.
5.I want to be gem for my parents and gem among my friends.
6.I want to plan my life and execute the plan currently.
7.I want a healthy life i.e a life need not to go to hospital.
8.I want be become a better business person.
9.I want be a Good social worker.
10.I want to change the attitude of seeing a women as object.
11.I want to a better social behavior.
12. I want to participate in my relatives happy and sad events.

C.I have find a picture of myself when I was a small child and i will make it as soft copy and as Desktop background.

Last edited by Lohananth on Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:15 pm 
Recovery Coach

Hello Lohananth and welcome to Recovery Nation

Quote:
I am proud that i can now remove this compulsive behavior from my life with commitment ,

actually you always had that choice however whilst acting out we addicts dont realise / accept that we have that choice

so if you really do want to improve your life and to recover from your addiction then you are at a good place to make that wish reality
Commit , fully and completely
work through the lessons and understand them , if you miss something ask on the help forum , assistance is always on hand
coaches and mentors are likely to drop by occasionally but if not, don't worry as this is generally a good indicator that you are on the right path

Quote:
I know there is nothing wrong in compulsive action
Oh but there is something wrong when any action compulsive or otherwise is causing harm

Quote:
I have time to wait for my change

great to hear that you accept that this will take time but be aware that change will only happen if you make it happen
RN is a vehicle a roadmap a guide, the drive comes from you, dont wait for it grasp it and remember that you are doing this for you
the path is long and difficult but it is well proven and you are not alone
we usually suggest completing about 3 lessons a week but spending time every day posting and reading
get to know your addiction and see yourself with honesty and openness

remember to work at your own pace and its not a race indeed some consider recovery to be a journey rather than a destination

your reasons for change are generally solid as they are positive and about you

Again I stress that the only person that can make these changes is you, so the hard work needs to come from you
looking forwards to reading your posts and wishing you all the best

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 am 

Quote:
I know there is nothing wrong in compulsive action

Yes after many search the above quoted is wrong.The one of the way to overcome guilt/shame is forgiving myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 am 

Chapter 1
I am coming to this recovery nation after 29 days.yesterday i was relapsed.Now I understood how difficult recovery is.Yes it is like climbing a mount Everest.It is like crossing ocean from shore of one continent to other.It is like walk on the fire.I understood that before healthy recovery compulsive behavior will make me confuse,frustrate and to see the death.
In the last recovery I finished Chapter 1 and went to finish on Chapter 2.Before finishing chapter 2 i felt emptiness.Then i started to use Facebook and finally i ended in relapse.This experience cleared me that how thought runs in my mind and how we are guided by our thought to compulsive behavior.
My confident from chapter 1 is ”CHANGE IS POSSIBLE AND UNAVOIDABLE”.

From here onward I want to pursue a healthy recovery life.For this I want to establish a successful foundation for permanent change .I want to briefly share my relation with three keys
1.Actively committing myself to change.
I want to conquer this compulsive behavior.I am responsible for how I went into this compulsive behavior. I was the one who looked for pleasure,fantasy, enjoyment and felt in the trap of compulsive behavior.I am responsible to lost my controls on good habits.I am responsible not seeing women as living being and seeing them as object.I am responsible for thinking and looking for ideas to satisfy my wife. I am responsible for wasting my precious time looking into these dirty things.I am responsible for wasting energy and stamina by looking into that dirty thing.I am responsible for diverting my life.I am responsible for using compulsive behavior as emotional satisfactions. I looked into that like a dog putting tongue outside the mouth.I am responsible for my life. I responsible for letting this shit to rule my life.I am responsible for my life where it is now.
I am going to take the responsibility for the rest of my life and my health.I had taken recovery as my top priority than work, religion ,above recreation and family.
I will see each and every word as more important tool to fight against that compulsive behaviour. I am hating this compulsive behavior.I will not leave any part within me to put speed breaker for over coming compulsive behavior.I understood the things going inside me during the recovery which took place in my first recovery.

I TOOK THE RESPONSIBILITY TO DEFEAT THE COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOR

b)I will not allow guilt and shame to sabotage my commitment to change.

I forgive myself for the action i did for past 7 years and i will not forget its consequence.I will continue with sincerely,complete commitment to rebuild who I am.

c)allowing myself time to change.
I am ready to allow or give or invest my time to defeat the compulsive behavior.

2.Motivation
1.I want to be respected by my juniors.
2.I want to be integrity, to be honest and to be real.
3.I want my genuine life.
4.I want my stamina.
5.I want skills need to do business.
6.I want to concentrate on my work.
7.I want presence of mind
8.I want serve my nation.
9.I want to be pride for my parents, friends and relative.
10.I want to express my feelings.
11.I want tot earn money.
12.I want a peaceful life.
13.I want to start a sports club.
14.I want to a mature person.
15.I want t understand my inner chemical changes.

3.I felt the child innocence.when i felt the innocence my eye starts to reddish.I am making my child photo in my computer as desktop.

Thank you in for your guidelines.Please help me. and pray for me