Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:05 pm 

This post marks a start of a new phase in my life. A phase that constitutes me taking control of what's happening in my life, not the other way around. I've been dragged to so many dark places willingly and unwillingly, but that must stop as soon as possible.
I've chosen this path, quite convinced that there is always a way out of this addiction. I need to find the strength, wisdom, knowledge and will to fight. I must fight. There is much more inside me than these negative talks and whispers. The light must be allowed. I deserve a second chance and I will fight to get it.

Quote:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:22 pm 
Recovery Coach

Hi Phantom and welcome to RN

Quote:
This post marks a start of a new phase in my life.

actually if you do this right its better than a new phase it a totally new and much more rewarding life

Quote:
there is always a way out of this addiction.

there is a way out and this site provides you with the road map
it is you who has to make the transition into and then beyond recovery

is there always a way out?
not if you succumb to your urges
if you really do want to improve your life and to recover from your addiction then you are at a good place to make that wish reality
Commit , fully and completely
work through the lessons and understand them , if you miss something ask on the help forum , assistance is always on hand
coaches and mentors are likely to drop by occasionally but if not, don't worry as this is generally a good indicator that you are on the right path

the path is long and difficult but it is well proven and you are not alone
we usually suggest completing about 3 lessons a week but spending time every day posting and reading
get to know your addiction and see yourself with honesty and openness

remember to work at your own pace and its not a race indeed some consider recovery to be a journey rather than a destination

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm 

Hey Kenzo,

Thanks a lot for the push. Words like yours are the true indication that it is possible with the right mentality and effort put into the right place. I'm more than eager to do my best and deep down, I know that there is a life beyond this haunting addiction.

Quote:
work through the lessons and understand them

I feel a bit overwhelmed with the site structure, I would appreciate it if you could just direct me to the right path. As a new comer I should start with the Recovery zone, shouldn't I ? I tried to find a kind of introduction, since I am a newbie here. I am really glad to have found it as I am sure it will help me learn more about myself and my addiction.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:40 pm 
Recovery Coach

Phantom
work through every lesson in the set numerical order
reflect regularly and give yourself the time and opportunity to ingrain what you learn from each lesson into your everyday life
use the community forum to ask questions
believe me the further you go the easier it gets

as an active addict I expect that you truly believe that you have no choice but to act out one more time, I know I did
well the truth is you act out because you choose to
sounds simple and it is simple (but not easy) choose not to act out, choose not to use addiction as a coping devi ce
choose recovery
do not be overwhelmed take it step by step but dont count the days as that can tend towards abstention rather than recovery

good luck and remember that all of us here start from that same frightening and seemingly lonely place
the community will root for you, but only if you also root for you

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:42 pm 

the community will root for you, but only if you also root for you

That was really well written. Thanks for your push and words. I am quite determined to change my life.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:46 am 
Recovery Coach

Phatom
Quote:
I am quite determined to change my life

I do hope so :pe:
what do you have to lose?
kick the excuses in the arse and lets do it

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 pm 

Lesson Two: Establishing a Healthy Vision for Your Life

My vision constitutes a life full of values and principles based upon my beliefs and the ideals I am convinced with. I want to have deeper connection with the people around me, where I feel that I am surrounded by a circle (even if it's a tiny one) which cares about me and I about them. Transparency and genuine love and care is something I long for. I don't want to continue in a path where I do stuff because people think it is cool. I want to do stuff because I am convinced that this is who I am.
I have been living the past 5 years pushing people away from my life, pretending to be a special being and viewing others in sometimes a condescending way. This needs to be changed. It is ok to be vulnerable and it is ok to share such vulnerability with the people around you whom you trust. Stop proving to yourself that you are the toughest person walking this earth.
I want my life to be a beacon of hope to the others. I get a lot of self fulfillment when I feel that I am helping others and pushing them beyond their limits, I want to keep doing that, while maintaining my authenticity and self-purpose. A purpose-driven life is a one worth living and I want mine to be a genuine one based on my experiences and not based on regret or peer pressure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 am 
Recovery Coach

Hello Phantom
you wrote
Quote:
It has been more than 2.5 years since I last posted here. Lot of things have happened and changed in my life, but my addiction is still there, haunting me and pulling me down. I hope that I will have the required discipline to commit to the program this time. I read a quote for the second lesson in the workshop that says "6 months from now, you will be free from your addiction, do you have the enough knowledge to deal with your emotions". This statement gave me hope, hope that it is still possible to get my things together and make my future free of this burden.

were these simply words?
I expect that when written you meant them
but now?

your choice choose wisely but choose now.
I has been a while, the longer addiction holds you the harder it is to break free, but break free you can
I am living proof of that fact, so can you be :pe:

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo