Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:58 am 

Hey everyone, just did lesson 32 today. The exercise was to reevaluate my proactive plans. While going through and looking back to when I first started, I noticed that for the vast majority of my proactive plans I kind of just faded away from making them a part of my life. There are a couple that I have made a part of my life such as fitness. I feel bad for not having kept up with my other plans though, I understand that they are important to my recovery as making decisions rooted in my values bring stability, but it also seems overwhelming at the same time. It's not that I don't want to look at my proactive plans, I just don't know they best way to monitor them. Any suggestions/guidance?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:22 am 
Recovery Coach

Take a look at what has become automatic for you--- the things which have become habit. Those no longer need strict monitoring, and your attention can be moved elsewhere. If fitness is something you have successfully implemented into your daily life, then look at a value or another piece to your plan you feel would be a good fit for your attention. That's why the lessons stress monitoring a handful of your values at any given time instead of the entire list. Look as see what is getting under your skin, what you genuinely want to work on, and transfer some energy to that part of your plan.