Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:44 pm 

I am truly one of the hard luck cases when it comes to recovery. I have had a very difficult time with building and maintaining integrity. Years ago Jon gave up on me. I've lied to countless coaches, therapists and everyone I ever came in contact throughout my life. 4 years ago my marriage finally ended and I went all in with my old behaviors with reckless abandon.

In 2014 by some Higher Power grace, I looked around and said to myself, "this isn't who I want to be". So I made changes for the better. Then a few more slowly over time. I was luke-warmly welcomed back to my family. My ex and I started seeing more of each other. All good things to have happen. I was still an untreated, addict acting out secretly. I've made some progress with the tools and skills I learned about over the years in a multitude of recovery programs. So, I began RN once again in 2016. I was doing very well thinking this time it was going to stick. However, I was still having trouble and not telling anyone about it. Two months (July and August) were good in recovery. Then I got complacent, did not have action plans in place and I was having slips, and bold face lying to J about where I truly was in recovery. I have been here so many times before. So what is different this time? Well, right now at this moment, I don't care about protecting my ego, I'm being open and honest with those around me. I'm using tools to track and interrupt urges, going to 12 step meetings for the opportunity to be honest and open with others including my therapist.

I'm believing that after so many years of selfish protection and thousands of dollars spent on the appearance of recovery that I'm ready to accept, no, embrace it. To that end, I would like to enroll in one of the coaching options to gain some much needed guidance and most importantly someone to call me on my BS. If there is a coach out there in RN willing to assist me, please let me know. I'm open, willing and hopeful.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 am 
General Coach (Admin)

I'm glad you made the decision to enter the coaching program. Keep the motivation up and the open honesty and you can do it!

Coach Cheryl