Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:05 pm 

It was 8 days after he proposed to me in front of his family and my youngest son that I received a message from a woman asking how I knew him. I instinctively felt sick and started shaking, but responded that we were engaged. At the time, he lived an hour and half away, so I contacted him to ask what was going on. He said he met her on an online meet up site, but denied anything else. Of course, that was a lie. The next few months were torture, as I learned the painful truth and attempted to understand how this could happen to me. I had just gotten out of a 20 year marriage to a emotionally abusive alcoholic when I met him - online. My profile said "No addicts and no liars need respond..." He was different - so sweet and respectful, even opening doors for me - every single time we were going somewhere. He accepted my teenage sons and treated them very well. They respected him, as well! Whenever I needed him, it seemed he rushed to my side. But the distance between us allowed him perfect opportunities to act out. And that he did, with women he met online, coworkers, his hair stylist... He had lived this lifestyle for many years and was caught cheating by his former girlfriends, as well.
Anyway, I decided to see how things would work out between us. He started counseling and read up on sexual addiction. I read and read and read. I went to a couple of counselors, but was not comfortable at either. Our relationship was rocky at times, but most of the time, we got along very well, like best friends. We married a year and a half ago and its been almost 3 years since D-Day. Together, we started the Couple's Zone here a while back, but didn't stick with it and he is not willing to give it another go. We recently went to couple's counseling and that went well. We both are agreeable to continuing that. There are issues in our relationship that still come up and we each have differing views on handling them. I have forgiven him, but I have not forgotten. I cannot.
I hope to find the peace and healing that I need by completing this and I hope that, in turn, will improve my relationship with my husband.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm 

Hi,
If he is good with your children and also is like your best friend then I think you better try to stick with him.