Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: First time
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 pm 

This is my first post to RN though I have done some of the couples workshops. I'm posting in reference to the healing workshop where I take care of my partners needs. This was a great exercise and I plan to repeat it occasionally from now on. It felt good to be able to do for her and not expect anything back. I felt like I was discovering the person beside me again. I fed her supper which I origionally thought may have been kind of difficult but it felt very loving and selfless. I sometimes have to feed my dad as his health is kind of failing and I find it hard, though it feels good to give back to someone like him who has always been there. Back to C and I. After the meal ( It was Ginger Scallops) I went to a local Restaurant and got a nice decadent dessert called chocolate eruption mmm. I fed that to her too but quite often we share desserts when we go out. We watched a good movie her choice and then I ran a bath with bubbles and candles lit around the room. I let her soak while I did the dishes then came in and washed her gently. When I was done I toweled her off and tucked her into bed. I then gave her a foot massage and read her a story. It was a most pleasant evening and I felt so good to be able to give her the attention she so deserves.
I am so grateful to have C in my life though sometimes I don't show it. She is a special person in my life and deserves special treatment.