Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:38 am 
Partner's Mentor

We have completed our Couples Workshop through Stage Two and need authoriztion to continue to Stage Three. What do we need to do to continue and move on into Stage Three?

Nellie James

Post subject: stage 3
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 am 

My wife and I participated in the couples challenge back in 2008. I requested a password a few months after Jon's passing, and again last year...we are still waiting. So PLEASE!!! Coachmel...who can we set this up!??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Still wondering about the stage 3 lessons that were lost in the crash. Still lost?
Nellie James

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:47 am 
General Coach (Admin)

Unfortunately we were not able to recovery them. What we are having to do now is put it all back together from Jon's notes and files from his computer. It is slow going as first Coach Mel is trying to organize everything by the titles to the lessons and second neither of us are writers so while we are giving it a go I am also hoping we can find an experienced writer who would donate their services and can take what we have and put it together keeping Jon's essence in the writing that has to be added.

I know this is frustrating but I really don't know what else to do. And the amount of time to devote to it has to be divided up with everything else. I wish we had a staff that we could pay and could get these things done quickly but there is so much to do and only a couple of us to do it. The other thing that would help is having an experienced Grant Writer. While I've done some school grant proposals (and so has another partner that offered to help) the type grants that we need are much more complicated and time consuming.

We'll get there Nellie. The couples workshop is a priority.

Cheryl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:40 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Thanks for the update. Wish I had the expertise to help with this. We have both done some grant writing but not in this field, and we are currently involved with the summer season in Chrysler's small fence business and two wedding, my son's being one. We just don't have the time to spend. :t:

At this point, Chrysler has decided to redo some of his lessons and we are also going to revisit some of our couple's lessons based on what recent experiences have taught us thanks to Coach Mel. Seems never-ending.

We are thinking that we need to re-register with slightlly different names and new passwords to by-pass the re-occuring problem we have both had with logging on. It remains a mystery. Chrysler wants to get back on, have his own voice and re-do lessons, and I want to be feel safe that when I log off, I can get back on both for myself and as a mentor.

Need your imput- should we re-register? We still may run into the same difficulty, but we won't know if we don't try.

Nellie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

I have pm'd you about Chrysler's login.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:21 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Saw that pm. Thanks again. When he comes home, we'll give a try.
This has been so crazy. Appreciate your patience - I'm realizing it is a big value for me - PATIENCE. I don't think it has always been one of my virtues.

Nellie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:23 pm 

Hi

Just wondering if there was update on this/ My H and were looking at starting the couples workshop. I have finished the partners workshop already and he is on lesson 54, so we have little to do on stage 2 although obviously we can revisit the lessons.

Have others found it helpful to do stage 1 and then the ceremony at Stage 2 if there is not yet any lessons to move onto? I am a bit worried about setting ourselves up for this commitment if we will not then be able to learn the skills to help us with what we have commited to in Stage 1.

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:33 pm 

I have tried clicking on the couples manager and checklist but it just take me to the forum even though I am logged in. Is it a broken link or is there not yet a manager and checklist for couples?
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:14 am 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Quote:
CoachCheryl
Post subject: Re: Stage Three Authorization - How Do We Do This?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:47 am
General Coach (Admin)

Unfortunately we were not able to recovery them. What we are having to do now is put it all back together from Jon's notes and files from his computer. It is slow going as first Coach Mel is trying to organize everything by the titles to the lessons and second neither of us are writers so while we are giving it a go I am also hoping we can find an experienced writer who would donate their services and can take what we have and put it together keeping Jon's essence in the writing that has to be added.

I know this is frustrating but I really don't know what else to do. And the amount of time to devote to it has to be divided up with everything else. I wish we had a staff that we could pay and could get these things done quickly but there is so much to do and only a couple of us to do it. The other thing that would help is having an experienced Grant Writer. While I've done some school grant proposals (and so has another partner that offered to help) the type grants that we need are much more complicated and time consuming.

We'll get there Nellie. The couples workshop is a priority.

Cheryl

There are no further updates since then. As volunteers, we do what we can, when we can. We will be sure to notify the communitiy when there are any new revelations.

Be well.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:21 am 

Hi, it looks like we have reached the end of what is currently available for the couple's workshop, too.

I saw a reference to Jon's book called "Health-Based Recovery: The Couple's Guide" here
http://www.recoverynation.com/hbr_couples.htm

At one time I thought this was available to purchase, is it still?

thanks for everything

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:38 am 
Partner's Mentor

Good question. You might PM Cheryl. I think there are several who might be interested.

Thanks,
Nellie James

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:18 am 

"Unfortunately we were not able to recovery them. What we are having to do now is put it all back together from Jon's notes and files from his computer. It is slow going as first Coach Mel is trying to organize everything by the titles to the lessons and second neither of us are writers so while we are giving it a go I am also hoping we can find an experienced writer who would donate their services and can take what we have and put it together keeping Jon's essence in the writing that has to be added". Coach Cheryl

Would you like me to try to piece say one lesson together and then you can see if I can write in a manner that is authentic to Jon? I have some time next week to give it a go? Work then goes crazy again but at least we could see if it could work? Maybe one lesson at a time is better than nothing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm 
Partner's Mentor

Perhaps, this could be in the newsletter - writer needed to help with Couples lessons based on Jon's notes and files. Please Contact Coach Cheryl. Let me know.

Nellie James

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:16 pm 

To Coach Cheryl,
You stated
Quote:
Maybe one lesson at a time is better than nothing?

My husband and I would love to get one lesson at a time to work on in the couples stage 3. I am also willing to help with the writing. I'm not necessarily experienced at writing, but I consider it a strength. Let me know if I can be of help in any way with the rebuilding of the couples' stage 3 lessons.

Thanks for all you do,
lmartin