Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:32 pm 

Lesson 41-Mastering Boundary Awareness

The person interviewed was sister and father

Things that my sister values are;
friendships and meeting or connecting with people

For friendships some boundaries she has are being open and honest with her friends
Also, being respectful of them when they are not around. Not badmouthing them.

I think some ways I could help her protect those values are, being open and honest with her

Also, respecting whoever she decides to have as a friend and not talking bad about them.

For my Dad, a value he has is honesty and transparency
He said a way he protects that value is just being completely honest with people but also controlling the details.
He also said that if he percieved something as being hurtful then he wouldn't really bring it up.
-I'm not sure how you can percieve if something is going to be hurtful to someone or not. I think not pressuring someone for any details they don't want to give freely or pressuring them to open up or tell about their life is a good boundary.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:35 pm 

Lesson 44-Urge Control: Your Core Identity

A. Describe in your recovery thread the role that your core identity will play in helping you to establish/maintain a healthy life.

My core, I call it source, always guides me. In helping me with a healthy life, I always ask questions and have learned how to notice the answers when they get here which is always from Source. Often times, I rely on Source to put my self at ease when things seem to get too drastic for me. I know the innate well being of what I really am and that's how I know I will get through this process and live a much healthier, happier life than most people.
I seem to notice my core or Source in everything from inanimate objects sometimes to seeing it in people and easily seeing it in nature and animals.