Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: London's Recovery Thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:30 pm 

First and foremost, I am committed to this process of recovery. I'm 100% in. And I understand there will be good days and not so good days, but starting today, I'm prepared and willing to do the work. The hard work. The roll-up your sleeves and dig-in work. It's time, and I am ready.

My vision: The Internal Me

I am a person who lives in reality. I live in the moment of now, without falsehood or fantasy. I understand the truth of the moment and accept what is real. When there are occurrences where I feel rejected or injured by another's inability to accept the genuine me, I stay strongly committed to the vision of my life, and refuse to slip into a world where if only I was perfect I would be accepted. I am kind to myself, and defend myself whenever I hear an internal critical voice by refuting its claims with words of love and compassion. I am proud of who I am. I am also clear about who I am. I live with the humble wherewithal that I will never reach my full potential. And yet, everyday I get own every minute of it. I go forward in life knowing I cannot turn back the hands of time, but it doesn't matter because I experience every moment as it actually happened. For me, there is no; could of, should of, would of because I exhaust each day knowing that I am always working towards the best version of myself. And at the ed of the day I am grateful that this is my life and no one else's. I own it 100% and I refuse, I f*cking refuse to relinquish it to any person, place or thing.

The External Me:

I am a defender for the voiceless. For the downtrodden. For the abused. I recognize that my morals and beliefs never sway, they cannot be broken, nor can I. I help my family, friends, acquaintances and those in need with positive and loving care. Care that does not have rules or expectations. When I say, yes, it means yes. When I say no, it means no. I am committed to agreements because I want to do them. I am an inclusive person with open hands. I do not shun or gossip about others so that I can be the leader of the pack. Instead I recognize people's strengths and raise the awareness of their talents to others so that they may shine. I forgive and forget when wronged. I live with the truest of good intentions and encourage others to do so as well. I am fair. I am honest. I am loving. I am altruistic. I am talented. I am helpful. I am warm. I am supportive. I am intelligent. I am humorous. I am, 100% me.

I accept who I am, physically and mentally. I have the strength and tenacity to do the work. I have created a life full of loving people who always encourage me to make my good, better. And everyday, I live a life without regret because I am not scared to bet on myself. In fact, the best decision I ever made in my life was saying, I'm all in...and I won.