Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 pm 

This isn't mine or my family's case, but this is a situation of my neighborhood and I'm curious in their matter.
So in this family there are 2 sons (both are adults now) and a mother. The problem is the second son is addicted to alcohol. He looks extremely weak and he often drinks and he won't stop even if he's drunk. And every time he's drunk, he always curses his brother and mother. While the mother is extremely irritated (sometimes she even curses her son back), the first son is even more angry and many times he wants to beat his brother. If not for their mother intervention, the brother will probably be in the hospital by now. The mother keeps protecting her second son, even though he curses even his mother.
Though again this is not my case but I wish to understand a bit about their situation. There's no guarantee that I myself won't fall into the same situation, and there's no guarantee that I won't ever encounter such situation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:16 am 
Recovery Coach

Antonio

Quote:
I'm curious in their matter

This site is not for the curious albeit some do visit out of curiosity
and this forum is for participants actively wanting recovery from addiction

addiction related comment and questions should be raise in the community forum, being mindful that it is not a chat room

Quote:
This isn't mine or my family's case, and there's no guarantee that I won't ever encounter such situation.

my advice would be to tell this person to be honest and actively seek help, professional, group or self help as is here on RN
addiction is very real, definitely harmful not only for the addict, and almost certainly degenerative

I do hope that this person does take the plunge, admission being the first and very crucial step

Recovery is so much better than the alternative

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo