Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Brokenuk Recovery Thread
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:02 am 

New to this will add as I do the lessons

Lesson1
I want to recover to be a better version of myself the old me before acting out .I'm taking small steps I have joined a local 12 step fellowship I am taking councelling for depression all to be a better me I want to change .I am 6 weeks sober and need to have the life tools to continue to recover

List of reasons mainly to do with my family I wrote 45 down when doing the lessons on paper awaiting online approval so just listed a few here.
I want to be able to show my wife I am devoted and loyal to her forever
I want to show my children I'm a good person a role model they can be proud of
I want to be a best friend to my sister to regain her turst
I want family members to see from my actions going forward I'm a different person kind and understanding

Lesson 2 I have taken time I have completed over half of the lessons over a period of 2 months just not had the option to post on line before today

So my mission statement my values I wrote again heavily dependent on my wife and 3 kids the ones I hurt the most it is written from my heart I cryed a lot writing this

To my wife my best friend my soul mate I am so sorry for isolating my self away from you and our children .I now understand the triggers that lead me down into darkness from this day forward
I will devote my self in mind body and soul to you not turning away at the first sign on trouble ,I will promise to be a better father to our amazing children teach and help them grow taking an interest in their daily life instead of being there like a robot .
I promise to lead a simpler life no hours on the internet where I would escape to my fantasy instead of being with my family replacing the need with new hobbies and family activities
I can't change the past ,but I can change to be a better husband ,dad,and Freind for the future .

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:02 am 
Recovery Coach

Hi B UK
if you really do want to improve your life and remove those self inflicted shackles of addiction and to recover from your emotion driven compulsive behaviours then you are at a good place to make that a reality, RN can show you the way
To achieve recovery then commit , fully and completely
work through the lessons and understand them , if you miss something ask on the help forum , assistance is always on hand, this community is supportive to those who demonstrate sincerity in their journey
coaches and mentors are likely to drop by occasionally but if not, don't worry as this is generally a good indicator that you are on the right path, you have not been abandoned

the path is long and difficult but it is well proven and you are not alone, many have taken the path sucessfully, your actions are yours but you are not the first and unfortunately will not be the last
we usually suggest completing about 3 lessons a week but spending time every day posting , reading, evaluating and putting into practice what you have learned, be open be honest, nobody here will judge you
get to know your addiction and see yourself with honesty and openness

remember to work at your own pace and its not a race indeed some consider recovery to be a journey rather than a destination

perhaps your reasons for change which are generally solid and positive could be focussed more about you
Not easy when we recall the harm and pain that we have inflicted on those close to us but recovery needs to be personal it needs to be ours and we need to be aware that if we fail then we do not the love and support offered freely by them to us
remember the only person that can make these changes is you, so the hard work needs to come from you
looking forwards to reading your posts and wishing you all the best

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:05 am 
Recovery Coach

Hello
it has been a while!

Quote:
I am 6 weeks sober and need to have the life tools to continue to recover

simply wondering how you are doing and reminding you

Quote:
I have taken time I have completed over half of the lessons over a period of 2 months just not had the option to post on line before today

that in posting and participation you have nothing to lose and everything to gain
you choose

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:00 am 
Recovery Coach

Hi
I guess that you have given up?

Please prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay healthy keep safe
Coach Kenzo