Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 am 

Lesson 58
Quote:
Conclusion
Action plans, when created as a functional, fluid tool in your life management repertoire can be the rock that stabilizes your entire transition. In the beginning, action plans can take the role of teacher and guidance counselor...providing you with a manual of how to get from spot A to spot B. Or, from Value A to Value B. Not sure how to act in a given situation? Write our an action plan, then adjust as necessary. Find yourself unable to handle a particular triggering event or situation? Develop an initial action plan and then continue to refine it until it meets your life management needs. But this is just the basics of action plans.
the underlined our should be out

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:37 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 12

"Several exercises where this can be seen would be in Day Seven, where they were instructed to take out their values list in between each urge/decision to act"
Seems to refer to something that was later removed from the lessons.

"or whether you want to take a chance on being one of the are exceptions that display the patterns, but not the fate." should be "rare"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:39 am 

Advanced Development; Mentoring and Coaching
Quote:
1) When we have enough mentors to sustain a developing recovery community, I will be limiting my coaching to those in professional coaching and those who have reached the status of mentor/coach. Serving the role of coaching/mentoring supervisor, it will be my role to help you to tackle the advanced issues related to integrating the skills and insights you have gained over the early part of the workshop.

2) Upon your completion of three successful months of mentoring, you will gain access to the following opportunities/features:

You will be added to the recovery follow-up program which involves two years of scheduled personal development challenges, advanced health topics
You will gain access to direct proactive crisis-intervention
You will gain the opportunity to become a full-fledged recovery coach--including the advanced personal training and monitoring that comes with that honor

How do I proceed?

Simple, change nothing. Because you are not being asked to take on a coaching role, you only need to do what is asked of you in future lessons. These will be specific activities focused on recovery fundamentals that you should already be comfortable exploring. Or at worst, challenged to review. If you find that you are struggling in a particular area of focus, do review the lessons that relate to that activity. These topics weren't added to the workshop without purpose. Each has a specific role in either building a necessary stone in your foundation or a process in teaching you how to use that foundation. If, after reviewing the lessons, you are still confused about the topic then contact me (CoachJon) directly for guidance.

Quote:
Contact CoachJon immediately if you have any concern about having crossed any boundaries or run into any conflicts--I do NOT want my mentors/coaches having to spend energy on managing conflict. There are far too many sincere people out there that need your positive guidance.

Quote:
Also, let CoachJon know that you might be interested in becoming a recovery coach so that your mentoring will be more closely monitored for coaching potential.

This section is a personal plea from Coach Jon and while giving a good overview of his wishes at this stage in our recovery, it seems it needs to be re-written to include what the current management of RN would like to state and request. Having us contact Coach Jon is dated and needs attention in my opinion.

Thanks for all you do,
skrelon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:23 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 13

"They tend to have an emotional relapse in terms of the consequences that they have affected on others" Should be "effected"

" but remain unable to commit to their partner's fully" should be "partners"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:47 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 14

"will force focus upon these areas and, will allow you to deepen" should not have a comma.

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:12 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

Thank you both for all your contributions! A huge help in making the site more professional!!

AS to the mention of where Jon says to contact him or anywhere it refers to "me" meaning Jon etc. I agree should be updated. Not sure how we want to do this. Sys should we just be putting Admin in those instances or Coaching Supervisor or something like that so it is generic and we don't have to make changes should the management of RN change?

Open to thoughts!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:19 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 16

"didn't have a strong foundation of values with which to rely?" should be "values on which"

"Your brain produces chemicals that effect the way that you feel." should be "affect"

"The thoughts and fantasies that associate sexual addiction produce emotions" I do not think this word means what you think it means. Perhaps "are associated with"

" artificial means (e.g. fantasy) or through actual life experience." should probably be " artificial means (e.g. fantasy) and those created through actual life experience.

"Longer sessions of fantasy help, for awhile." should be "for a while."

"the more "drugs" that are released into your system" drop the "that"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:59 am 
Recovery Mentor

ADVANCED DEVELOPMENT: Mentoring and coaching (between lessons 59 and 60).

(I've decided to switch from italics to bold, to reduce confusion :ex: )

"you will simultaneously be gaining the very experience that you need to establish mastery and confidence in your own transition." I feel should have a comma; " establish mastery, and confidence"

"without anyone but you knowing that the quality of effort," Drop the "that".

"This will be a gradual disconnect beginning after the next few lessons" should be "disconnection".

"helping others in true need; to the clarity you can achieve" should be "in true need, and the clarity"

"When we have enough mentors to sustain a developing recovery community, I will be limiting my coaching to those in professional coaching and those who have reached the status of mentor/coach. Serving the role of coaching/mentoring supervisor, it will be my role to help you to tackle the advanced issues related to integrating the skills and insights you have gained over the early part of the workshop." This bit refers to Jon and should perhaps be revised.

"You will be added to the recovery follow-up program which involves two years of scheduled personal development challenges, advanced health topics" I don't think this sentence is complete, but if it is, should be "program, which" and "challenges and advanced".
( I also don't know if the above feature is still offered by the program).

"If, after reviewing the lessons, you are still confused about the topic then contact me (CoachJon) directly for guidance." should perhaps be changed somehow.

"But given the values that are inherent with helping to mentor others and the benefit it will have to your own mastery of the topics" should be "in" and "provide".

"how am I suppose to have the answers for others?" should be "supposed"

"Contact CoachJon immediately if you have any concern" another Coach Jon reference.

"Also, let CoachJon know that you might be interested" another Coach Jon reference.

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:31 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 17

"the combination of these elements make-up your behavioral recipes" should be "make up"

"An exhibitionist waits in his car, or hotel room, or apartment, or bicycle for the right set of circumstances to arrive." should be "or on his bicycle"

"except with these goals frequently come with guilt and are short-lived." should be "except that these".

"Fortunately, these such extreme hideous behaviors are rare," should be simply "such extreme"

"there is the highest probability that it effects who you are today." should be "affects"

"This overview of nine traits involved in sexually compulsive behavior is not meant to be neither inclusive nor exhaustive." drop the not: "compulsive behavior is meant to be"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:06 am 

In Lesson 26, it states:

"and it is why you have been instructed to take out your values list and read through it at this point with EACH urge experienced...whether you go ahead and act on the urge or not. More on this later."

I couldn't remember this instruction being given, and looking back, the only "hint" I can see towards this was in lesson 6 when it says:

"Someone struggling with compulsive masturbation, for instance, will have an action plan developed for when the urge to masturbate is experienced. Most recovery platforms involve some sort of reactive action plan. You have an urge: you call your sponsor.This is a very basic example, but it serves its purpose. Reactive Action Plans will be discussed in great detail later in the workshop when you work on skills involving urge control and decision-making."

Could this instruction be made a slight bit more clear?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:27 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 18

"Dialog was no longer made up of one or two sentences," should be "dialogue" (though apparently "dialog" is acceptable in American English. :pe: )

"habituation dictates that the farther and addict stays away from the saturation point," should be "further an"

"is that you have only a fuzzy understand of what and why" should be "understanding"

"For Jerry, there is only a three or for second window" should be "four"

"the uncertainty of whether or not show be the one to find the pictures;" should be "she'll"

"At first, to or three laps was all she could stand," should be "two"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:19 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 19

"The underlying schism to the majority of human behavior" I do not think this word means what you think it means. Perhaps "motivation"?

"Done often enough, it becomes second-natured." should be "second nature."

"It is your responsibility to determine what type of person that you want to be and what type of life that you want to live." delete both "that"s.

"By HYPERAWARE of ALL rituals you engage in over the next few days." should be "Be HYPER-AWARE"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:33 am 
Recovery Mentor

What to Expect in an Early Healthy Recovery Process

http://www.recoverynation.com/recovery/expectations.htm

"Accept now, as opposed to having a goal of ending your destructive behavior," should be "Except"

"In a healthy recovery, such doubt and fear also occur" should be "occurs"

"such doubt and fear were experience externally." should be "experienced"

"you are deficient in many of areas that you once assumed to be prolific." should be "of the areas"

"That you won;t be able to just go through a particular" should be "won't"

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:03 am 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 20

"Your model of addiction may be slightly different that my model." should be "than"

"Don't worry, it won't be an examination, smile." I think Jon uses this expression the way others would use an emoticon, and I personally find it confusing. I think it's unnecessary.

Also, exercise 20 assumes that the reader is in paid coaching, and should perhaps be re-worded to be inclusive of those who are on the self-help path.

The Way Out is Through.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:52 pm 
Recovery Mentor

Lesson 21

"The pain associated with these consequences become too much to handle and something--anything--needs to be done to end that pain." should be "becomes"

"you may now find yourself to addicted to online chatting." drop the "to"

" but fall short of providing long-term, sustained success to relatively few." should be something like "but end up providing"

"but rather, your addiction is comprised of relatively simple behavioral patterns that effect millions of people in exactly the same way." should be " an addiction which is comprised" and "affect"

The Way Out is Through.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next