Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:09 pm 

Hello all

My first post outside of my personal recovery thread. It's a quick question, if it has been explained elsewhere or asked before I apologise.

The self help recovery zone has several additional resources. Awareness worksheets, skill development worksheets, personal coaching tools and personal assessments. As I work through the self help program are there instructions when to use each of these other resources? Or are they there for me to explore and use whenever I choose?

Just want to add I have been finding the process a great help so far and remain committed. Thank you recovery nation for putting together such a great resource. It is a great comfort to finally be open and honest about my compulsive behaviour, and to realise that there are a host of people out there who have, and continue to live through a similar experience. It's great to have time to think and contemplate each day and I'm finding the lessons really motivating.

Thanks in advance for your help

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:40 am 
Recovery Coach

Hi Iwillsucceed,

Welcome to RN. :g:

Yes, as you noted, the other Recovery Zone resources are all there to help you independently help yourself. There are a few indications in the workshop of times when these resources will come up...but mostly, they are just for you to use whenever (or if-ever) you choose. There is no obligation to use them; they are simply there for people who find them useful. If you don't personally find them useful, then no problem. If you do and you find that they practically help you manage your life better, then they become one more tool you can use as you work towards a healthy life.

I wish you well on your path to health. :w:

Boundless

"Be a lamp unto yourself." - Buddha

"The obstacle is the path."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 pm 

That's a great help thanks for your response boundless