Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:12 pm 

Dear all,

I have been successfully divorced but my journey is not yet over. I would like to give you an overview of my body symptons (i.e. illnesses) while I was married to an SA which are partly still ongoing.

I have been reading the following books by John E. Sarno "The Divided Mind: The Epidemic of mind body discorders" and "Healing Backpain" which were very helpful to determine how stress and other psychological factors can cause disorders such as pain problems, common gastrointestinal conditions including reflux, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, skin disorders, allergies, and many others. The interaction between the generally reasonable, rational, ethical and moral conscious mind and the repressed feelings of emotional pain, hurt, sadness, and anger characteristic of the unconscious mind appears to be the basis for mind body disorders. Psychosomatic processes begin in the unconscious.

My own experience confirms this:
We got married 2008 and shortly afterwards I had a skin disorder at the whole body (exept head and toes), which looked like an allergie, for almost a year. The doctors were helpless and prescribed cortisone in a very high dose.
- Later on I learned that my SA husband had had a "serious" affair with a co-worker at that time for almost 2 years.

2012 - when my fears/assumptions that he was an SA were confirmed we had our first DDay I got a frozen shoulder and serious arm pain for almost 6 months. The frozen shoulder and arm pain accompany me whenever I experience new stress situations. Additionally I got irritable bowel syndrome which lasted 6 years - i.e. until we got divorced.

I am sharing this information with you in the hope that it may be a helpful information for you on your way forward.

I am embracing my fellow sufferer on this difficult path and hope you may recover soon.