Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am 
Partner's Mentor

Is anyone here familiar with a resource similar to RN for couples? I know that RN has a couple's workshop, but I'm looking for one that is complete. Everything that I have come across is religious and we are looking for something secular, as the religion angle does not resonate with us.

I am looking for a workshop that we can work through together.

Otherwise, CoachCheryl, is there any way that I could help to get the remainder of the Couple's Workshop up and running?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:14 pm 
Partner's Coach

Ames, I've been wondering the same thing. I would be happy to work on the workshop as well, but I'm not sure what needs to be done.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:26 am 
General Coach (Admin)

Ok so we lost the actual lessons. I have the topics and most of the activities but they are not written up as lessons, more like notes or outlines with the resources. So what needs to be done is basically rewriting the lessons with what we have.

I'm open to any suggestions!

CC

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:41 pm 
Partner's Coach

What if Ames and I spearheaded the project? If you're willing you could give us what you have and we'll start working to try to make something out of it. Since we have the activities we will probably be able to figure out what the focus of the lesson was and we can try to build things one at a time from there. I don't know if there are people who worked through the partner's workshop but there might be a few who might be willing to share things they remember from it that were particularly helpful. I'm not a therapist or a professional writer, but my mind likes to work on puzzles like this, and I do write well. (Although I can be a bit wordy.) At various points, (in all your spare time!) you can take a look at what's been done and let us know if we're going in the right/wrong direction, things that need to be fixed, etc..
I think it's such an important tool, and I know that if we don't at least start going in a direction it'll never get done. I don't know that we could resurrect it as the resource it was originally, but we could try to put something together for couples to start making progress. I don't know if that's more than Ames was looking to do, but I'm currently a SAHM with a mind that needs to do more than just make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So I don't mind putting the time into it that it needs. I don't know that I have all the skills that are needed to do this, but I'm happy to offer what I have, and maybe there are others who have the skills that I don't who would be willing to contribute as well. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 2:45 pm 

I am willing to help as well. I can probably only offer an hour here and there, but if I have an assignment I can plod through until its finished, I'll plod through one assignment at a time. :) You can assess my writing by my writing...since that is the only way you know me. :w:

thebagholder

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm 
Partner's Mentor

I am happy to edit! It's tough to both write and edit. I can review for structure, grammar, etc. This way, the writers get some weight off them and know another set of eyes can help polish their (what I know will be excellent) work.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 1:50 pm 
General Coach (Admin)

Wow! It's so great to see the support and work you gals are willing to do! Mrs. Jones and Ames if you want to organize the project I could send you both the materials I have and you could come up with a plan, send it to me and then share it with the others who have offered to help. If this works for you please pm me your email addresses or email me at coachcheryl@recoverynation.com and I will reply with the materials. For the editing we have a system we used for Jon's Gems that worked pretty well. I can share that with you through email as well!

Thank you so much everyone!

CC

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:59 am 
Partner's Mentor

I'm happy to help this way! I will send you an email CoachCheryl.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:48 am 
Partner's Mentor

I am happy to see this project happening. When we finished the individual lessons, we did the Couples Workshop, and were excited to continue on but the next phase was not in place yet. It was my understanding that it was a work in progress back then - about 4 years ago I think. We were so ready to continue. Sadly, that momentum is gone. Unfortunate for us - but the timing may work well for others here on RN. Hope so. I feel confidant that you two and do this and do it well.

Nellie