Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Need a little guidance
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:46 pm 

I'm making progress in my work here and my life is beginning to look... well, like my life again. I was sooo healthy before H brought his brand of craziness into my house.

You know, he was so much fun at first, such a breath of fresh air in my stale existence. Now I know that everything he did was contrived to cover up his weakness, his sorry, needy self. As we say, I digress.

Coach Mel has pointed out that some of us are more invested in relationship because of children, finances, marriage. Not so some of us. I own the house, the business, the money. No children, no marriage.

My plans are starting to "reach fruition". I will soon have the ability to support myself, and my options are opening up. My question is, Do I make a speech about my plans or do I just drop a bomb in his lap when I am ready to go? I imagine there are lessons that cover this, but my life is now moving faster than my work here.

I would like someone guidance on where to go from here.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:11 pm 

Thank you, Coach Mel. That helped clear my thinking.

If there Are others who have left the relationship due to the partner showing no desire to recover, I would like to hear your story. I learn how to think my way through a situation by reading how others handled it. I still have chaotic, anxious thoughts sometimes when I try to work out the logistics of protecting my values and vision.

If you have been through the transition of leaving your SA, please let me hear from you. This is scary for me, but I know it is the right thing for me to do.