Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Love Yourself
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:52 am 

It's been several months since I've posted. Divorce proceedings have been very painful and scary. Lot's of assets due to husband's lucrative profession. Lot's of sacrifice, lot's of failure to adequately explain things to my tween daughters. So, so painful. He had a girlfriend that began before he moved out- an affair actually. He planned an International vacation with that woman before the divorce. Blamed me that his girlfriend broke up with him. Posted obvious pictures of himself on craigslist. Been a total asshole to me in nearly all interactions. Basically, since I've become sexually unavailable, I've become meaningless to him. This, after 21 years of marriage. This is what faking recovery looks like. He told me he was a "love addict." I thought, maybe a sex addict. Now, I'm thinking narcissist and pathological liar. Who knows? Who cares? He's messed with me and my life and self esteem as long as I can manage. Please know, my sisters, that you deserve to be happy. You don't need to toil, despair, sacrifice, yearn, or give more than you receive. You deserve to be happy- to have a man be satisfied with you. To be loved and appreciated, despite your sexual availability 24 hours a day. You are beautiful. You are worthy. You are enough. Just because you're with an addict doesn't mean you have to stay. Love yourself first.

Post subject: Re: Love Yourself
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:02 am 

p.s.- The last post my husband made on this recovery website was the week before I told him I wanted out. So, basically, he did over 40 "lessons" to fake recovery to me so that I would remain sexually available, and the day I told him I was "done," he stopped coming here. So disfunctional and manipulative. Please be cognizant of his motivations. They might not be what you think.