Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 pm 

Dobbin performed the caring exercise for me last week. I had been waiting and hoping that he would as I am wanting to move forward with healing. Dobbin came to my house, cooked a three course meal and fed me. We watched a film and he brushed my teeth. The feeding went well and he was very considerate . I was nervous about the teeth brushing, it was awkward, but it was fine. The exercise seemed to help Dobbin to feel his emotions more strongly. I have always felt that I could trust Dobbin to care for me if I needed it, I felt uncomfortable at times with being looked after as I felt I should be doing something.

I am looking forward to moving on to the next exercises.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:29 pm 

I did the caring task with white Rabbit. I planned a 3 course meal for us both, nothing fancy but I did plan food a little easier to feed to someone. I cant say I was nervous about the feeding but me been a fast eater I didn't have to make a point to feed white Rabbit slower then I would myself. I got a dvd to watch afterwards, just a kids animated comedy witch ended up been quite good. we sat watching the film on the sofa like normal with my hand on her leg as normal but at the end of the film it felt really odd, I was happy and wanted to tell White Rabbit how I loved her and I looked at her and smiled and I ended up doing was crying ( happy crying not sad). Then the bit I was most nervous about, the teeth. we laughed and joked about it a bit then just took the plunge. it went ok just a little odd, probably just out of my comfort zone.