Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Exercise 2 response
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 am 

To begin with this did make us laugh at the thought of my partner doing things like reading to me however we both understood the reasoning behind the activity. My partner made a lovely meal for us, allowed me the luxury to relax with a foot spa and read to me. It fills me with hope that we are going to get through this difficult period and that he does love me. The exercise showed me that it is okay for my partner to look after my needs and show me how much he does care for me. :g:

Post subject: Re: Exercise 2 response
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:48 am 

yes your right my sweetness it did make us laugh but it also brought us closer together for a night
it wasn't a chore to cook dinner it wasn't a chore to do anything for you i enjoyed it all
hopefully the future together is long and bright :g:

Post subject: Re: Exercise 2 response
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:50 pm 

We are steadily working through the exercises and are both feeling optimistic about the future ahead.

Exercise 8:

Time: He needs time to prove through his actions that his addiction is no longer a part of his life and our relationship.

Support: By using the RN website and working through the couples thread together, being honest and open through it all and developing a meaningful communication that has not been part of our relationship but is developing.

Joy: We enjoy cycling, steam room and trying to get away for a night or two. Even enjoying a night cuddled up on the sofa.

Role Modelling: I will be open and honest even when it will be difficult and expect the same in return.

Understanding: Keep communication open and honest and discuss things with an objective mind as far as possible.

Accountability: Keeping up with RN will be difficult at times but we need to work through this and it needs to continue.

Things that I need to work on is the fight or flight mode. When faced with things that make me feel uncomfortable I clam up and don't want to talk about things. This has to stop as communication is key to the foundation of our relationship.

I am committed to working through this however long it will take and however hard it may be. This is as much about me developing as a person and regaining my values in life as it is about hoping to save our relationship.

:w: :g: :w: