Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:41 pm 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

This message is for all newer members who were not part of this community prior to 2009.

Just prior to his passing, Coach Jon was building the couple's workshop. Not all of the material was on the site back then, and then he passed away. Coach Cheryl generously stepped up and become the administrator, so that this work would continue to be made available. However, sometimes after, due to reasons that are beyond my area of expertise (reasons having to do with platforms, and websites, and servers, etc.) RN experienced a crash. Many members lost their work (which is one of the reasons we advocate working offline, saving a personal copy, and then posting it in your thread) and unfortunately, RN lost some of Jon's work because there were not proper back-ups. (Cheryl can correct me if I am wrong on any points, as she is more directly involved, and has some expertise in the area). Due to these reasons, Stage 3 is not available for the self-directed path. That said, if you are interested in couple's work beyond what is currently available on the self-directed path, please contact Coach Cheryl and she can give you more information and discuss options with you.

Be well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:18 am 

Dear Coach Cheryl,

My husband and I have completed the viewable stages of the the couples program. We're very much interested in continuing. Since we started our journey in Oct 2016, we've found good couples material very scarce. This is the most helpful material we've found! I'm well into the first section of the Partner's program and he's just started the Recovery program as he was tied up with his 4th & 5th step work. If there is a way we can continue, perhaps you would let me know. Thank you so much for providing this material! (He has not posted his material as he doesnt type. It's all handwritten. If it's required to be input to the thread, he has offered to have me input it. Although he is transparent, I feel that is his work and am not 100% comfortable with doing it. But will if it's needed for us to progress in this program. Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:56 am 

Sorry, I am a little confused.
Me and my partner are doing the self help couples program.
Are you saying it isn't available?

This is the only program we have agreed is relevant to our issues.
As I am the SA/LA not my partner,so being a women with the problem is very isolating.

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:57 am 

Sorry, I am a little confused.
Me and my partner are doing the self help couples program.
Are you saying it isn't available?

This is the only program we have agreed is relevant to our issues.
As I am the SA/LA not my partner,so being a women with the problem is very isolating.

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am 

I agree, and it is frustrating. I've written everywhere asking what we can do to help. I've see great suggestions from members, but haven't seen replies from Coach Cheryl. I am willing to volunteer, and have read others offer the same.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:44 am 

It is a shame, but we are both working through the individual programs and discussing them as we go which is helping. I am hopeful that doing this will let us get to a level if emotional intimacy that any remaining relationship issues can be taken to a training sex addiction therapist. This is the only way I can see if us both being healthy and hopefully building a healthy relationship.

Thanks for your reply.