Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 am 
General Coach

Here's a link to a thread by Coach Jon, which one particular couple have found very helpful. It offers a way to really work together in partnership on this particular area

http://www.recoverynation.com/partnersb ... ight=anger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:01 pm 

This is a fabulous link Coach Devi and I want to incorporate a written contract to close out our ceremony in the Couple's Workshop. I found myself sinking into the negative thought spirals last week and sort of dumped on partner again. He just doesn't deserve it for all the hard work he's done the last year and a half and for all the progress he's made and all the love and patience he's shown me. I guess I was just having one last burst of doubt about his recovery and when I get into these moods i feel almost justified as I berate him and bring up old stuff that has been dealt with - after all, he's the one who HURT ME. So.... it's time for me to stop indulging in these tirades and I want to write a contract pledging that I will follow the process and NOT descend into useless tirades and name calling. It's enough already!
As you can tell - this link really resonated with me and has provided the perfect icing on the cake of our couple's ceremony. Sperzel will be catching up and commenting on what's been happening with us and we will both recount what happened with the ceremony - IT"S ALL GOOD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:40 am 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Bumping this up as it is very useful. Also, wanted to point out that the contract is part of the couple's workshop~Exercise 4

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:44 am 

unfortunately the link does not seem to work