Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:40 pm 

I just read lesson two and the thought of doing that lesson makes my skin crawl. It has nothing to do with my h, just the being SO helpless. I don't like it one bit. I have seen too many sick and dying people and all I can think of is that. Can we skip it or do something else???? I know it is a very strong reaction so maybe there is something else a foot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:50 am 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

The exercise is about generating non sexual intimacy, learning to trust/building trust as well as developing empathy and compassion. I know and understand how difficult it is to give up the perception of control. That this exercise it so confronting for you indicates that there is a breakthrough to be had in taking it on~if you are up to the challenge and prepared to keep an open mind and heart! It is an important exercise and wether or not you do it will depend on what you want to get out of the couple's workshop (like anything in life, and like the rest of the workshops here) But as I said, for you to really get something out of it you have to be a willing participant. What you could do is consider the scenarios of how it could go (considering both of your participation) and consider the possible outcomes and see how doing the exercise (any way it could look) would support your vision for your partnership or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm 

HI Coach Mel,

Thank you for responding. The crazy thing is if this was a sexual thing-I could do it. For some reason that is not a place I have control issues. When it comes down to being "exposed" in other ways, I am not one bit comfortable. My perception is that it makes me weak and that is something that I do need to address. Therefore, in the spirit of all that this is and is not, I will find a way to embrace it. Frankly I would rather give a speech to all of the free market in my underwear, but I will give it a go, except for the hair brushing!

Thanks again,

Violet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:46 pm 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Quote:
Frankly I would rather give a speech to all of the free market in my underwear, but I will give it a go, except for the hair brushing!

ROFL :g: