Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Lesson Two
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 pm 
Partner's Mentor

This morning, my H described lesson two and asked if I wanted to do it or not. I was a bit taken aback. He had skipped it accidently when printing out the Couples lessons - keeping lessons in a ringbinder allows him to re-read them several times to make sure he understand them he says.

I, too, had missed the activity and background information and had started to study the Contract Lesson but I remembered reading a couples thread that described lesson two so I told him that I thought he had skipped one but I didn't tell him about the activity.

Seems strange that we both missed it. Also feels strange to me that he is questioning doing it at all and basically asking me to make the decision. Guess he feels that we are past that stage. I don't. He also seemed to wonder if I was to tell him what I wanted or didn't want ahead of time and even what to read me. :pe:

I read the lesson a few minutes ago, all the background info, and the basic activities involved allowing an H to take it to whatever level he wants. Ideally, I would have loved him to take the initiative and design a special evening to care for me without involving me. Make it all his own without directions from me. Guess that's the romantic in me still wanting it my way. :pe:

Coaches, any thought? Anybody? Don't want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. (I hated the moles in my backyard, tho)

Nellie James

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 am 
General Coach (Admin)

I agree that there is nothing in the couples workshop that should be skipped, no one is beyond what's in there.

I can tell you that there are partners that want to skip this section because they feel awkward or they don't trust enough to be fully cared for (brushing teeth, feeding) so I think that the spouses must have some hesitation as well wondering if the partner will be receptive to it.

Either way what he plans will be his to own, I think it's ok that he checked to make sure you wanted to do it, now he has to take ownership of it. That's the important part.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:25 am 
Partner's Mentor

Thanks. My H has already told me he has plans and he know just what book - I told him to surprise me. :w:

NJ