Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 am 

Partner and I want to start the couples workshop end of month and want to sign up for online support with forums. My question is that my partner's recovery thread is one of the missing threads and looks like cannot be recovered. He had some lessons he didn't post but is past lesson 59, working on 60 and 61, I think. Is there going to be a problem with us getting access and completing the couples workshop? Also once we sign up for support and pay cost, how long to we have access to our personnel thread? thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 am 
Partner's Coach (Admin)

Sorry, I thought I replied to your inquiry! :e:

Your threads are always accessible. If you sign up for support this is no different. If the coaching period ends (per whatever level of support you sign up for) then you still have access to your thread. The only difficulty in completing the couple's workshop that it is still under construction (the last part of it, anyway). The first part is fully accessible. Stage 2 requires that you complete your individual workshops so, it will be necessary for him to show his work. Many people keep their work offline~did he keep a copy? There may be some specific concepts that will need to be reviewed in order for him to move on, but that can be looked at on an "as needed" basis. Truthfully, if he hasn't successfully completed the workshop, completing the couple's path will be icing on mud pie (so to speak) because a health based recovery, as far as couple's are concerned, is based on the healthy foundation of two individuals (If that makes sense). So, in order to move beyond stage two, there will need to be some evidence that he has a clear understanding and is able to apply basic recovery principles to his life (and the same is true for partners as well).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:00 am 

CoachMel wrote:
Sorry, I thought I replied to your inquiry! :e:

Your threads are always accessible. If you sign up for support this is no different. If the coaching period ends (per whatever level of support you sign up for) then you still have access to your thread. The only difficulty in completing the couple's workshop that it is still under construction (the last part of it, anyway). The first part is fully accessible. Stage 2 requires that you complete your individual workshops so, it will be necessary for him to show his work. Many people keep their work offline~did he keep a copy? There may be some specific concepts that will need to be reviewed in order for him to move on, but that can be looked at on an "as needed" basis. Truthfully, if he hasn't successfully completed the workshop, completing the couple's path will be icing on mud pie (so to speak) because a health based recovery, as far as couple's are concerned, is based on the healthy foundation of two individuals (If that makes sense). So, in order to move beyond stage two, there will need to be some evidence that he has a clear understanding and is able to apply basic recovery principles to his life (and the same is true for partners as well).

CoachMel, you did answer me through email and my h left message on forum for CoachCheryl and she told him that she has seen his work even though thread is missing so there would be no problem with Couples Workshop. I had no idea that CW was under construction. How far would we be able to go. We have both completed individual lessons. He is still working on advanced recovery section now.