Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:17 am 
Partner's Mentor

Thanks, 12peace. Great call.
Nellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 pm 

12peace and nellie james,
Sorry about the word mix up but yes,ANONMITY my psychologist said something about it. Please don't get me wrong I would be at such a lost with out all of you and RN. Its just so much of my life has been hidden,not ever talked about and even worse with the SA,and the way it is thought about in the public.Even my thought process has changed, Its hard sometimes to have to act like all is well in paradise. I sometimes feel as if I have this horrible secret. I meant no disrespect or anything. I just at times wish it didn't feel this way. It would be wonderful to have a face to face conversation with other people who in their souls know what you feel. I do have a hard time expressing myself on the computer. Most of the time it seams as if my mind and fingers don't work together. Again I am sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:34 am 
Partner's Mentor

No need to apologize. I'm the backspace champion and often leave out words. No big deal. :w:

There are many of us that would love the opportunity to see the face and hear the voice of an RN friend. Maybe we'll find a way for some big get-together of sorts some day.

Take care.

Nellie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm 

That would be something!!!!

Post subject: Re: Workbook topics
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:50 am 

Doctor Barb:
Your book saved my life. It validated me when I most felt like this man was driving me nuts. I have to say one thing though..................

When us spouses are devastated by this brain disease, we trigger off so many things. It was hard for me to share your book with my husband due to the racey cover. In fact, I know many SA wives that say they didnt buy it because the cover alone triggered them. It looks like the woman (to us traumatized) "with the red polish" has her claws into someones back. Having said that, I would encourage you to put a cover on that bad boy that is so so helpful that is soothing to us traumatized. When I even see your book across the room, it physically brings me anxiety (not attacks, just a negative pulse) and I really hate the cover because of it, yet that is the book I should be using as my "Bible" for a while to get through the crazies. So, my addition to your book would be to understand the trauma level that we are at. Many, as you wrote cant go to the grocery store. I cant stand looking at the magazines I used to love. I CHOOSE to do things that dont trigger my pain. I was so so bummed about that damned cover when you even said that you knew those photos trigger us. Other than that darned cover, your book was superb.

Love you! Change the cover!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3