Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 pm 

FINALLY found a AMAZING book that is helping me ( Spouse of PA) deal with all the Trauma my husbands sexual betrayals have caused for me! The book is "Your Sexually Addicted Spouse" by Barbara Steffens. Get it now!!! It shows me I am living through real life trauma similar to living through an earthquake. Along with about a 1000 aftershocks, each time new is disclosed. Any slight tremor causes someone that has experienced a bad earthquake to relive the horrid event. I am Severely Traumatized by my husband's betrayals causing me to be triggered by sights and thoughts all around the day to day life we live. Suddenly almost seemingly out of nowhere I feel anger, disgust, sever sadness, sick to my stomach, some times uncontrollable shaking; almost like I did at first disclosure. Now I know it is caused by triggers that cause my body to relive the trauma my husband has caused. It is Post Traumatic Stress I am having. I was very confused about the codependent model everything else was telling me I am. I was not trying to control him by looking at his phone, checking his van, threats of leaving. I was trying to find SAFETY! It's an awesome book! I could not say enough great things about this book and it is now my main source of healing, coping and hope for myself.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 am 

That's the book I started with...it's so marked up and dog eared. It literally saved my life the first month.