Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:23 am 

CoachBoundless wrote:
I am posting here (despite it not being a both-sides thread) because I think this should be addressed by a Coach, and Mel is still taking a bit of a break from the site.

INTERLOPER! Sorry...LOL, I'm kind of an asshole.
I appreciate you intervening, so thank you.

CoachBoundless wrote:
Regarding males on the partners side: it's true that you would be a minority, and I am not sure how many there are at the moment; however, we have definitely had many males on the partners' side over the years, so you are not the only one (we have even had male Partners' coaches). Fundamentally, people of any gender and/or sexual orientation can be in recovery or healing.

Understood, the concern is not my fellow "partners" it's how easily I am identifiable from the ratio.

CoachBoundless wrote:
I can understand the concern about being identified; however the key is what you said here:

Quote:
I honestly don't care if she reads it, I just don't want to give her material to pretend to work on.

This itself should not deter you from being open and honest about your own healing process and using your thread as you see fit. Remember that the work you do in the lessons for your healing is about your own life, not your partner and not her addiction. In no way should you be managing her recovery, or even be particularly that involved with it at all (and you seem to have already recognized this). If your partner chooses to use something she reads in her thread to continue pretending and deceiving you...that is her prerogative. If she had such an intent, then she is not in healthy recovery, and it wouldn't really matter if your thread was public or not: she would find a way to pretend in some other way. Even the workshop works this way: depending on intent, someone can actually use the tools detailed in the workshop to become better at deceiving, manipulating and covering up their addiction. Such behaviour would eventually be exposed (it would really only be a matter of time)...and, in either case, you should have boundaries and consequences set out in preparation for this.

While I agree that her recovery is her job and has nothing to do with me or my recovery, I still prefer to be anonymous. Details of our relationship would make it immediately obvious who we are.

CoachBoundless wrote:
There are payment plans available. And yes, as per your second question: it's been a challenge and there's been numerous times the site has struggled for funds. :w: RN is otherwise completely donation-based and volunteer ran, with the only payments being for the services offered on the products page such as paid coaching.

Understood, I'm assuming CoachMel will be the one who handles the actual processing of the private forum (payment has been sent a few days back and I've heard nothing from the site)?
Any timeframe on CoachMel's return?
Is this a vacation or a break from the stress of handling this forum?

CoachBoundless wrote:
Not quite sure what you mean here. All private coaching threads have always remained hidden and will always be so; only the coaches can see them and we are all bound by confidentiality. Many of CoachJon's other public coaching posts made in the Community forum are often still bumped on the forums, but those have always been public.

I'm referring to this section:
Personal Coaching Recovery Threads--Active
This is a private forum for those workshop participants who were in private coaching with Coach Jon.
Inside that section are a great deal of threads
viewforum.php?f=1

I can't be positive they were private coaching threads but from the description "private forum for those workshop particpants who were in private coaching with CoachJon" it felt like they were made public.

CoachBoundless wrote:

Payment was sent on the 19th, do I still need to email the staff?

CoachBoundless wrote:
Otherwise, I think meepmeep and dnell covered everything else. Hopefully that helps, and welcome to RN. :g:

Yep, they've been awesome!
Thank you for interloping! LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:19 am 
Recovery Coach

Hi hadenuff,

Quote:
INTERLOPER! Sorry...LOL, I'm kind of an asshole.
I appreciate you intervening, so thank you.

:w:

Quote:
Understood, I'm assuming CoachMel will be the one who handles the actual processing of the private forum (payment has been sent a few days back and I've heard nothing from the site)?
Any timeframe on CoachMel's return?
Is this a vacation or a break from the stress of handling this forum?

No, I only mentioned Mel because she is one of the primary Partners coaches; CoachCheryl will be the one handling the actual processing and creation of the private forum. She should be getting back to you soon. Please let me know through that email if you do not hear.

Quote:
I can't be positive they were private coaching threads but from the description "private forum for those workshop particpants who were in private coaching with CoachJon" it felt like they were made public.

Hmm, I'm not sure about those, actually. They may have been private, but not hidden; ie. only CoachJon could provide feedback in them, but they were still open for reading (again, depending on someone's individual wishes for privacy). Just so you know, we do have private threads that are completely hidden.

Quote:
Payment was sent on the 19th, do I still need to email the staff?

Just emailed you. :g:

Boundless

"Be a lamp unto yourself." - Buddha

"The obstacle is the path."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:04 pm 

Boundless,

Thank you for all the information, it's hugely appreciated. I responded to your email.