Recovery Nation

Personal Development Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I am Back
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:50 am 
Recovery Mentor

Hello everyone

I have been away from RN for almost three months to date, it was not a planned absence but a result of many factors and circumstances beyond my control or perhaps not to hide behind a finger, it was failure of effective time management.
I am happy to say though that I have managed to hang on somehow and remind myself now and again that I am on a journey and that journey comes with certain responsibilities.
I am studying part time while working and being a family man, I was struggling to keep the balance and things got worse when I started missing deadlines at work and for my studies, I hardly had time for my wife and kids, I was overwhelmed. I took time from my recovery work to concentrate on my studies and work commitments, yes it does not make sense that my recovery fell to the bottom of the pile and yet my whole existence depends on my being healthy both mentally and physically. When the pressure eventually eased up about a month ago, complacency kicked in and I have been putting off getting back and doing something since then.
I must say that things have really changed. My relationship with my wife and kids has improved, my decision making is more on the basis of my values than just emotions, my view of women is more humane and respectful. My whole thought process has changed as I look at things with a different mindset, that of caring, kindness and respect for others. I am encouraged by those who have stuck it out and realized their goals, I owe it to the community for the support I have received thus far. As I resume with the journey, I look forward to the support of the community and I hope to inspire others as well.

Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens.

Carl Jung